Friday 26 July 2024

Adding to the miles.

A couple of pics from the walk today. As we head towards the end of the month I'm still trying to catch up on the miles. It will be another fail I think. 

I went to the pub last night, a friend asked me if I would like a drink. He was stood at the door as I was passing. I wasn't actually going to the pub but then I thought, what the heck. Half a cider is all I can manage. The landlord has a new dog, a young black lab. My friend was telling him I am the best dog walker in the village. I agreed that I like walking dogs. The landlord asked if I could walk his dog. I said, I might if I have time, I am very busy. He wanted to pay me. I said I don't want any money, I don't want a job. I might do it just to help out. 

I saw him again tonight as I was coming back from my walk. I said I have just done five miles, it would be too much for the dog. It's a young dog so shouldn't be walked too far and for too long. I will call in one day if I have an hour to spare, to see if the dog takes to me. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.