Sunday 28 July 2024

Fun on the buses.

I've had a cracking day today. I have wanted to go to the Sandtoft Trolley Bus museum for ages, but never got round to it. Always putting it off when something else crops up. I wrote this on the calendar a while ago so today was the day. The sun was shining, in fact it was very hot. I was going to go for a walk as well after the museum visit, but I was there for quite a long time, and it was too hot to walk. 

 I'll be back tomorrow with photo's and a couple of videos. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.Good morning Ilona.Oh I love the old buses! Can you remember when the bus conductor used to be there with the ticket machine and it was tuppence to get into town,lol.As a child,I used to like watching how they flicked the machine with their thumb and the tickets came out.In fact,when I was very small I used to collect the tickets and keep them in a little purse! Were you allowed on the buses at the museum?.That would have brought back memories for me,when we went upstairs in our mini skirts,holding on to the back of them so no one could see your knickers,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it well. See the next posts, two videos to come. Buses and trams were taking people for a ride. It was a glorious day out.

      Delete
  2. I remember trolly buses from visiting an aunt in Ipswich back in the 1960s - she lived at the end of the route out from the centre. Given all of the rage about zero carbon nonsense, I'm surprised that here haven't been moves to get trolley buses back - electric driven and far less disruptive than building these urban light railways.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.