Sunday 21 July 2024

I like a stir fry.

Janet called in this morning to bring me a pressie. Beer from Devon. I shall look forward to trying that. 
We sat in the garden having a natter. A sunny day again, thank goodness it wasn't as hot as yesterday. We finished our chat in the kitchen when the subject turned to food and cooking. I opened the cupboards and showed her a few things that I buy and the meals I cook. 
Tonight I made a stir fry using these ingredients. The packet sauce mixes from Aldi make it an easy meal in one pan. The oyster and spring onion variety is very nice.  

I did a five mile walk this afternoon. A man I sometimes speak to was on his front driveway cleaning the awning for his motorhome. He leaves his front garden to grow wild. It has lots of flowers at the moment. They were in North Yorkshire last week, but in a different area to me. They spent time at Grassington, a place I have been to several times. 

The sun is going down and I have to go outside and water the pots. We'll catch up soon. 

Toodle pip.   ilona 

12 comments:

  1. Tasty...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I put anything in it that I have to hand.

      Delete
  2. Debi from Leicester.Good morning Ilona.That meal looks lovely and its given me an idea of what to have for my dinner today using up a few packets of noodles.My mate Flis gave me some potatoes and courgettes on Friday so that will make a great stir fry.Its interesting to see how many people are having wild flower areas in their gardens.Ive got 3 small areas that I have left to grow and its lovely watching the bees going from flower to flower.My Mam has done the same this last couple of months with her lawn...which she normally wants cut to about an inch of its life,lol....now looks beautiful,full of yellow,white and purple flowers.We love sitting out there with a cup of coffee.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. There are so many people block paving or concreting over their front gardens. We have a lot in the village. All the houses end up looking the same, no character, and boring. As new people move into a house the first thing they do is destroy the garden and start again. Usually a slab of concrete will appear so they can park six cars on it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasty, bitter, pathetic troll is still about.

      Delete
  4. I like a stirfry too. I costed it out once and found it was cheaper to buy a bag of the pre prepped veg so we have that with peanuts stirred through. It's a great quick supper for nights when we're tired or busy. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the prepared veg in bags is certainly convenient. I like the idea that you can chop a few veggies up and add noodles, and you have a meal in ten minutes. Would you believe, my troll was complaining that I had bought veggies wrapped in plastic.

      Delete
  5. That meal looks fantastic!!! Know I need to go through my garden vegetables and see what I can make similar 😊😊. Lots of zucchini and yellow squash ( I think you call courgettes 😊) at the moment. Deer have eaten ALL of our tomatoes…. So sad, we have had some droughts here the past 3-4 weeks. I think they are trying to find anything to eat. Hopefully the plants will grow a few more that may make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of stir fry's is that you can put anything in them.

      Delete
  6. Since retirement, my husband has become the stir fry king! (well at least in his mind) I don't complain because he feeds me when i get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. Can you get him to do a whip round with the hoover as well? I could do with someone like that.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.