Thursday 25 July 2024

Burying stuff

 Good morning. I was going to do a follow up post about the Bleeding Obvious post on Tuesday. I was going to reply to some of the negative bollocks, but now I can't be bothered. It has pulled in over 1100 views, these are mainly people who come back for a second, third, or fourth look. They want to see if their nasty comments has kept the negative vibes going. Well, like everything else in life, this time will pass. No point in living in the past, the best time to live is now. So bye bye bullies. Your efforts have only made my belief in myself stronger. 

I am trying to slim down my photographic library. Trying to delete photo's which I will never use again. But as I look at them there are some really nice pictures. Shame to chuck them. I don't have an external device to store them, no point in keeping stuff which is no longer relevant. Some relics of the past are best dead and buried. A bit like de cluttering my house, or my head, or my life. I don't carry baggage around with me. 

I've picked a few out to post here. Happy memories of places I have visited, some Derbyshire and Yorkshire. Where I live is all very flat, so I have to travel further afield to roam about in the hills. Oh how I wish I could step out of my door and be straight into the hills. 

My travel plans do not involve leaving these islands. My passport ran out a few years ago and I didn't renew it. I love my country and it grieves me to watch it fall apart. I will weep silently. 

I can't put names to these places. I just like the pictures. 

I love reflections in water.
Lifting bags of hardcore to stabilise the paths up to the top. The helicopter was out and back in a few minutes. 
This is my favourite. A path to heaven. 
Our green and pleasant land. Enjoy it now while it is still here. 
Spending time near water is so relaxing. 
Thank you for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona   ðŸ™‹ðŸ™‹ðŸ™‹

14 comments:

  1. Some really great photos there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Ilona. I too love our land, I'm almost 72 now and have only ventured abroad once, back in 1975, for a few days in Rome. My son and family live in Cancun and they have invited me several times but I'm not a fan of heat or long haul flights. I grew up near fields and green spaces, learning the names of wildflowers and birds. What does worry me is the proposals by the new government to build more and more on the countryside. Your photos are lovely, thanks for sharing. Some look like the Lake District?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked to do a bit more oversees traveling when I was younger, but I didn't have any spare money after buying three houses. Now I do have the money and there isn't anywhere I want to visit.

      Delete
  3. Your photographs are lovely, Ilona, and I can see why you wanted to share them. I'm looking forward to travelling further afield in the next few years, but in the meantime I am perfectly content to explore this country. There are some beautiful places to visit. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are such a lot adventures to fit into the time we have on this planet. Choose your places and choose your times, then do it.

      Delete
  4. Wow Ilona you have some truly amazing pictures.i maybe in fantasy land but the path way to heaven picture is the exact pathway I imagine when my time is up on earth if we go on to somewhere else on that path would be my lovley dog who I miss my son who pass as a baby and my lovley dad for now I carry on with this life and enjoy it as much as I can.you really have taken some splendid photos over the yearsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos Ilona. Our country is similar - so many beautiful places that one sometimes wonders why anyone would want to travel overseas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been abroad a few times, to places I wanted to see. But now I am happy and content to stay on this island.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy your beautiful photographs. You really do have a keen eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy. I am quite critical of the photo's I take. If they are below what I think is an acceptable standard I delete them.

      Delete
  7. I too love your photos, they are alway beautiful, I feel so sorry for those that moan ad are rude they have very sad lives, Sandy (MidWales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy. I decided to publish all the comments on the Bleeding Obvious post just to see what happened. As you saw, some of them were very rude and insulting. I wonder if they are like that in real life. It's very sad that they are wasting their time coming here. Some of them would be better to write their own blog, then they could say what they like.

      Delete
  8. The photos really are fabulous. I wonder if you have ever thought about doing some artwork with them? Something personal to yourself. For example a quilt for your car camping. I thought about you, when I saw someone doing the same thing. They had made some cardboard window covers for the rear windows as they didnt like people being able to look in. Betty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.