Tuesday 16 July 2024

Be inspired to change your life. (Reposted due to technical error)

This is the best inspirational video I have ever seen. It has to be shared. There are so many valuable lessons to be learned here. I have often said if you are in an unhappy place, somewhere you don't want to be, then change it. Listen to Dr Gooby's words. There is a transcript you can click on to read it at the same time. It is 48 minutes long and he speaks very slow and very thoughtfully, choosing his words carefully. 


Here, I share my story about how I spent the last two decades of my life as a neurosurgeon who went through a mid-life crisis and got through to the other side.... maybe?

Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. A comment for this post by email.

    Hi ilona,
    Enjoyed the neurosurgeon video very much!! He is spot on with the way the “healthcare “ system works. No one really just prescribes a lifestyle change. “Here’s another pill, try it”. You must take care of yourself!!!
    My early retirement starts August 1st. Thank you again for all your frugal tips. You have been a great inspiration in my decision to retire from the healthcare system.
    I am almost free mother! To live MY life the way I want to!!!
    Frugality has become a game with me and my husband. Making do, mending or doing without.
    Thanks and blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your news. I am excited for you. Only a few more days left on the treadmill, and then you can plan the rest of your life.

      Delete
  2. This came up on my screen the other day and it just made me want to do the things I want to do sooner haha luckily I have a lot saved now thanks to yourself and others who showed me how to be thrifty I told my now grown up boys I will be taking a few years off work next year and seeing all the places I want to see.they said you go for it mum.i mainly want to tour Wales Scotland and I adore the north Yorkshire etc.Thankyou for inspiring us Ilona your a lady with great strength wishing you the best life alwaysx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jo. I am excited to read about your plans. There is no time like the present for getting things done. The pull of creating the life you want should not be ignored. As things are very volatile at the moment we cannot guarantee that the opportunities for travel will still be there in the future. So, do it now is a good plan. Grab life by the balls and get out there.

      Delete
  3. I saw this on YouTube!! It was a great message..
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this video I retired when I was 61 and before that I didn´t work full time for twenty years. You only have one life!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.