Thursday 18 July 2024

Self analysis

I recorded a video this morning, after watching a video from Melanie Sykes. What she said struck a cord with me, and answered some questions I have had about my life. This is the video if you want to take a look. 
It's been very hot today. I managed to get a three mile walk in. It's going to take the rest of the year for me to catch up with the lost miles. 
My cat sitting job has finished, my friend came home today. 
The lawn needed mowing so I got everything out ready to start. Cleared the water bowls away, Was just about to start and found Hedgie was bimbling around. Ok, so I'll wait until it has finished eating. 
I had almost finished mowing and went inside to check something. When I came back he had reappeared. So I waited again until he had finished. He doesn't eat all of the food, just nibbles it, then runs away. I watched where he went. I think he has a den under the hedge behind the wheelie bins. 

A work in progress. The background fabric is actually red. A lot more to add to it. 

Tomorrow I need to go food shopping. And I need to check the pressure in my tyres. A warning light is flashing up telling me to do that. Nothing else to say. Now I need to go outside and water the pot plants. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel Ilona. I always thought it was just me. I was an only child for ten years and my parents were very private people. I don't feel comfortable in social situations, the worst was when I worked and I used to dread the Christmas office do's. I had so many horrible comments because I didn't want to go. 'We know you're odd, you think you're too good to be seen out with us' etc. Why can't people just accept a person as they are, instead of trying to change them to be like everyone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your experiences ring a bell with me. Mum always expected me to kiss auntie/grandma goodbye when they were about to leave after a visit. I used to go outside and play in the garden to avoid it.

      I've never looked into it too deeply before, but the more I read, it makes sense to me. I'm going to watch Melanie's video again and make notes.

      Delete
  2. Off topic, just came across this article in the Telegraph - you're well ahead of the game with your car camping:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/why-car-booting-is-taking-off/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will. I saw that, it came up on my screen. I read it and it made me laugh. The article makes out that it is something new, when yoootooob is awash with videos. Why they call it car booting I don't know. I am following Liam and Janine who are in a small car conversion at the moment. They are somewhere in Italy, heading for Rome. 'Those Happy Days', if you want to have a look. They usually post on a Sunday.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.