Tuesday 16 July 2024

It's a Crafty World at Doncaster

There was another reason I ended my trip to Yorkshire early. Apart from the fact that I couldn't think of another place I really needed to visit, there was an event on Saturday at Doncaster that I wanted to go to. Home on Thursday night meant I could have the day off on Friday to start sorting out the pictures and writing up the posts. 
I went to this event last year. I took lots of photo's then, no need to do it all again. Here are a few from this year.  





I had a good mooch around the stalls. Sat in the eating area and consumed my own food. Chatted to a lovely lady who had come down from Scotland for this. Free parking across the road and £8 to get in.
 
I was intrigued by the flashy dresser, so I asked him if he was famous. He laughed. He told me the story of how he came to wear sparkly suits. It all started during lockdown when he wanted to lighten the mood. People liked it and so he continues to dress this way. He is the Guest Manager of the Racecourse. His role is to make sure everyone has a nice time, and is on hand to help anyone who needs it. A woman had left her bag in the hall and so he located it and brought it to her as she left to go home. 

My purchase was very simple. Two wooden embroidery hoops, of sizes that I can't find in the shops unless I spend time looking for them. I wanted to buy a very bright and jazzy backpack, but the stall owner wouldn't sell it to me. It was on display to show off the kits she was selling to make your own bag. I don't want to make one. I know that sounds daft to a lot of people because I do make things for myself. But at the moment I have more than enough to do to keep me busy. 
Now to go to the Post Office in the church, then a bit of gardening to fill the brown bin which will be collected tomorrow. Then take Billy boy for a walk. Then check on my friends cats, second visit. Then get me some dinner. Then go back for a third and last visit today to the cats. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.Hi Ilona!.I cant believe it has been a year since you last went here.The time goes so fast.Glad that that you had a great day and I have been enjoying your car camping!.Reading as always,and enjoying your photos.Take care and I hope that your day is sunny tomorrow,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi. Time flies by so quickly. We must make the most of every day. Sunny and warm today. Coffee morning this morning. Chat and a glass of sherry with my friend Angela in her garden this afternoon. Now going to check on my friends cats. Have a good day. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.