Monday 15 July 2024

After Scarborough, where to next.

A last look around Scarborough before I move on. 
A close up view of the popular pub on the water. 



The lighthouse on the end of the pier. It's possible to walk around it. 
The magnificent hotel with a thousand pigeon residents. 

And I had to take this one didn't I. A brand spanking new Daf, unloading empty crates and re loading the days catch into the refrigerated trailer. . 

Time I went back to the car for a spot of lunch. Won't you join me. 
Now I have choices, what shall I do this afternoon. I know, I haven't been to Bempton Cliffs before. I have been to Flamborough a few times, walking along the top of the cliffs. Maybe I should go to Bempton. I got there just after 4pm and pulled in the overflow car park. Then walked to the RSPB visitor centre. I asked how long it was open for. He said bring your car into the main car park and you can stay as long as you like. No overnight parking by the way. The centre shuts at 5pm. 
All locked up and gone home when I came back from the walk. 

It was very bracing, strong winds and very cold. Too windy to make a video, so just photographs.  


Here they had picked all the grass to bits for their nest building materials. 

They hovered and fluttered in the wind. It was fascinating to watch them. It reminded me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Here is a quote from the book. 
“’Why is it,’ Jonathan puzzled, ‘that the hardest thing in the world is to convince a bird that he is free, and that he can prove it for himself if he’d just spend a little time practicing? Why should that be so hard?’”
Another quote. 
“You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way".”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
It was 6pm, now a decision to make. Where to next? It was cold, I could go back to Malton, or I could go anywhere else for the night. So every time I have a question I ask myself, do I need to, do I want to. A bit like shopping really. Do I want it or do I need it? I set off and was in two minds. Which way? I came to a road junction. Left or right. Quick decision. Go left towards the Humber Bridge and I can be home in under two hours. So that's what I did. The beauty of travelling alone with no plan. 
That concludes the reports for this trip. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.