Wednesday 27 January 2016

There's a man in my kitchen.

Hello. Just a bit more to do. This nice young man called Ed came today. We had a laugh, he said I was quite good. I felt sorry for him because he had come from another job at Darlington and had difficulty finding a hire car, which made him late. These film people don't half get about. he has been on the go since four this morning and when he left me at 5.30pm he still had to drive to Boston. Here he is testing out some equipment. I don't know how it works, he is hoping for a 4G signal. Our mobile phone signal is a bit hit and miss and has a lot of flat spots. Anyway, he decided his gadget was not going to work for the live show tomorrow morning, and the van with an aerial on the roof would be sent instead. Oh my word, I don't know what the neighbours are going to think. Most of them probably won't be up at 5am. Yes, it's an early start. 
If you put the tele on when you get up you might catch me on Good Morning Britain. 
I had a dash to town at lunchtime, needed to pay a bill into the bank, and get some dog food. Yesterday I cooked a big pan of allsorts. Food that I bought a week ago that needed cooking and freezing. It is mostly bean salad with nuts, and a pot of couscous salad, with half a tin of spaghetti hoops I had lurking in the fridge. 
I've got another pan on the stove now, another veg stew. Yellow stickers of course. Sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, and half a bag of crunchy salad. Total 45p. That will do for breakfast when the film crew arrive. Oh, and I will have a cup of tea to offer them, someone gave me a box of teabags yesterday, ha ha.

An early night tonight and an early start tomorrow. Don't think there is anything else in the pipeline, I can start the walking again. Some of you have been asking for links to the newspaper articles. I'll sort that out tomorrow. I still haven't seen the bit I did yesterday in the Calendar Studios. I've looked on the ITV site, I can see the film footage they did here, but not the studio bit. I'll have another look. Thanks for all the kind messages you are sending me, I am chuffin chuffed. Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

23 comments:

  1. another television show, I will have to watch inline, I'm in Canada,,
    I still think someone will approach you with a book deal,, lol,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You superstar, I'm so proud of you Ilona! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another advantage of your stardom is that I may actually be beating you on the miles walked count- hehehehe! (It's like there is no cloud but all just silver linings, this you being a celebrity business!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been meeting yourself coming back too with your busy life. Have fun dear Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really exciting development. Maybe Laurie's right about the book deal...
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have sent you some teabags. The ones i was given at Christmas from Betty's are orrible.... give me good old Yorkshire tea...... or the Cardamom chai from Aldi's when they have an indian event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is quite the schedule you've been keeping...Enjoy and I hope you don't get too tired! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've programmed Good Morning Britain to record tomorrow so that I don't miss it. Have fun Ilona.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.Aha!A man in your kitchen..what have you been up to?:-)You are in the glow of the media sun right now,enjoy!Bye the way I like your diamond patterned window over the sink in your lovely kitchen.Chuckled at someone giving you a box of tea.Best wishes,D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be a marvellous book!
    Most of all I am happy that you are enjoying your time of fame!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ed looks a bit of alright Iliona lucky you lol I definitely think you should write a book too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos yesterday Ilona, you look as if you are really enjoying yourself. I think your fans are enjoying it nearly as much as you are...I know I am.
    Well done, so proud of you, you are a star. Good luck with Shed of the Year.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. If he cleans and does the dishes, he's a keeper; otherwise throw him back! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. My God woman, you never once told me that you were famous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you wrote a book, I would borrow it from the library. Thank you for this blog. I truly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo Hoo Ilona, Saw you on the telly, I put Good Morning on to record and have just watched the section with you in it. I hope that someone up there in TV programming has a light bulb moment and gets you on a special hour or half hour. You could have such a positive effect, much more so than Huge Fearlessly Eatsitall and shed loads more than that Dom chappie. Why did that presenter say that veg stew was a funny thing to have for breakfast. I bet he has had the odd ding Chinese takeaway on a Saturday morning, I know that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just missed the good morning Britain show never mind I know how good you are and you have certainly influenced my life. Good luck with whatever is on offer.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't caught up yet with all our excitement, Ilona! What a wonderful time you are having, this is much more than 15 minutes of fame! I once appeared in a TV prog on antiques with Tim Wonnacott, and it was fun (two days of filming) but nothing like the fun you are obviously having! Well done, kid!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you don't get inundated with boxes of teabags ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Danneke looking in I hope the TV compay give you a bit longer than Look North did, so you get to show off all or some of your handy crafts etc and how you do the cat rescue with your friend. I am sure people would love to hear how to save money .

    ReplyDelete
  21. the Darlington job was to see my friends daughter who is the headmistress who has asked parents not to take children to school in their pyjamas. That has caused quite a furore .

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.