Wednesday 20 January 2016

What's happening

Hiya peeps. Things are kicking off here, busy busy. Four readers were correct in their title guess, it is indeed, 'Outside the Box', a phrase I am always using. Well done, sorry no prizes, skint, no not really, can't be bothered to parcel stuff up and send it. Just a bit of fun. You know me, I like fun.

Another bit of fun, have I worked out Twitter yet? No, that will take a while, if I can be bothered. I've just dumped some of the people I am following, don't need all that stuff coming into my box. I only joined it so I can find out what's happening with the Jo Brand long walk across the country. After a bit of investigating elsewhere I have the route, and it seems she will be starting on Friday not far from me and walking over the Humber Bridge, so I have to go and meet her, don't I. She is not walking from Hull, I s'pose they used that as a well know start point. She is due to finish at the Liver Building in Liverpool on Thursday. It's about 150 miles, she will have some long days if she wants to do 20+ miles a day at 2mph. Best up it to 3mph if she can. I hope she does well, and wish her all the best. At least she won't have a rucksack to carry which will ease the pressure off her leg muscles. GoJo   on Twitter.

I've got to have a bit of a tidy up here today, a journalist and photographer are coming tomorrow from the Yorkshire Post. She wrote about me seven years ago, and now wants to do a follow up article. Blimey, seven years since I was on the tele on Hunt for Britain's Tightest Person. Time flies.

I've just been chatting to Joanna of the 1939 house, I popped down the hill to have a word with her and she was getting ready to show visitors around. She lives in a time warp, everything she does is 1940's down to the clothes she wears and riding a bike everywhere. I caught her chopping wood for the fire in her back yard. Passing her details on to the Yorkshire Post lady, she might like to do a story.

I've picked up the unfinished landscape picture again and altered the sky, which I wasn't very happy about. It looks a lot better now and will soon be ready for framing.

Lovely sunny day today, too nice to be in, but I have to do some housework. I'm up to 58 miles of walking for this month. Thanks to those who have sent in updates, it isn't compulsory, send them if you like. It's nice to see those who are embracing the challenge, and if you haven't got into it yet, no worries, there's still eleven and a half months left. I will be removing the names on the sidebar soon, the list takes up too much space, so to check who is doing what, go to the page at the top below the header.

Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon. Toodle pip

16 comments:

  1. Hey, I'd like to cheer her on - when and where does she start? Th web site says Hull but it looks more like Barton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. She will be at the Waters Edge Visitor Centre, Barton, at 8am, leaving at 8.45am. I expect there will be quite a crowd there. I will drive there and either walk from there, or if there are a lot of people I will take my car over the bridge and pick up the walk from there.

      Delete
  2. I heard on the news that twitter was malfunctioning, all over the world!!
    That is such a big undertaking the walk she's on,, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this older post on the 1939 house and enjoyed it so much! reminds me of my granny's house. Exciting you're going to be on telly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing the front of your house in the little video. as you know, where I lived before, I didn't have heating or hot water. I did have 2 gas bottle heaters to heat one room. My bathroom sometimes had iceicles in. I had to leave there and now have heating/hot water in my new home. I do put the heating on now for a little bit when its very cold as i'm not too good and I have an open fire (its amazing what wood you can pick up from the garden and side of the road) I have a wash at the sink still - can I say I hardly ever shower and never take a bath? Yet am always fragrant. I'm just thinking of what I've got in the house that would do for a door curtain to keep the draughts out. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your links today are wonderful. You have a lovely garden and house. You look the same today as 7 years ago.

    Good luck on the tidy up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the video - it made me smile and you certainly haven't aged at all. You do have a healthy lifestyle and I think it shows. Both with how you look and your attitude to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to see the video! You are just bubbling with happiness in your chosen lifestyle.
    Did you win as the tightest person? JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had recently caught up with Joanna's house and now have watched your video. Having watched some of your other videos I agree with comments that you haven't aged. I also wondered if you won as the tightest person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol and JanF. It wasn't really a competition, the film crew chose the person who they thought was the tightest. It wasn't me, they picked the Welsh chappie.

      Delete
  9. Loved the video and also agree that you haven`t changed one bit in the last seven years, and always so happy.
    Going to have a peep at the 1939 House.
    Enjoy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi.Thank you for the links.I enjoyed your segment very much.You look so happy and content and your home is lovely.Your healthy frugal lifestyle hasn't aged you at all.Also my curiosity is satisfied now that the box art is named.:-)Hope all goes well with your interview.I think that it would be more balanced for them to mention just how being "tight"has allowed you the freedom to spend your days as you wish,take your walking holidays,afford to care for your furry family very well,buy a new car,own your own home and have no debt in your retirement.Such a great life!Bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I long for your reductions...Australia Woolworths or Coles just doesn't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ilona, there was an interesting piece in today's Guardian (titled 'I'm proud to be a penny-pincher') in case you or anyone else interested hadn't seen it:

    http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jan/21/proud-penny-pincher-retire-at-51

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi.Jumpin Jiminy!That is quite a bargain bonanza haul there,Ilona.Not to be had( at your prices of reduction) over here :-(I think our reduced prices for goods would be in keeping with your regular priced goods.And....they keep on going up.Not good at all.Will check out the link,thank you for sharing.D.P.S.Just love that photo of handsome boy Rocky.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.