Monday 14 October 2024

Crafty Club party

There wasn't much stitching, or knitting going on this morning at Crafty Club. We had a birthday to celebrate. A big one. I must say, she doesn't look 80, nowhere near it. We had home made mushroom soup, quiche, nibbles, cake, and ice cream. 
Afterwards the ladies played Bingo. I opted out of that and did the washing up instead. 
This afternoon I went a walk, The sun came out and it was good to be out in the fields. I came across a young lady riding her horse. It was a bit frisky at first because the track is usually quiet. It came closer to inspect me, then we were friends. 
As I approach this group of trees, from a distance that square in between the trees looks like a picture frame. 
Remember the walk on Friday, the photograph looking across the river to Brough on the other side. This is that same view, from much further away. As the crow flies I am 4.5 miles away. Friday I was 1.4 miles away. Good zoom on the camera. 

I saw Trevor. He is the man who looks after the memorial bench. I told him about the tree and hedge cutting around it, and how much of a mess it looks. He said he will go and check it out in a week or two, when he has time. 
I stopped off at Junes house for a natter and kept an eye on the time. It was a good job I remembered to take a torch as it was getting dark very quickly. I had the sun going down on my right, and over on the left through behind the trees the moon was coming up. It doesn't look dark in this picture but ten minutes later it was. I don't like the short days. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. hi Ilona, mmm that looks a nice spread. It was a nice day here too. Better weather for walkers and joggers. My brother in law grew up in Brough. Nice little train station. Passed through on the train to Hull lots of times. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.