Tuesday 8 October 2024

Ride to the Wall. (4 of 4)

Good morning. I started this post last night but my head went to bed before my body gave up, so I put myself in wind down for the day mode. That means I check where the cats are, inside or out. Do they need any food. Have the hedgehogs been for the food I put down earlier. I was surprised to see the smaller hog sitting under the table at 7pm, waiting for the food to appear. They will be knocking at the door next if I am a bit slow at getting it out. 9pm, they had been so I replenished the small plates, and scooped Mayze up in her bed and brought her inside. Then I spend half an hour watching a video with her cradled in my left arm in front of me. 
So, the last few pics from Saturday. The band was playing at the top of the steps, the entrance to The Wall. People gathered to listen.  
Close ups were relayed to two big screens either side of them, with the monument in the background. 


All looking splendid in their uniforms. 

This is the view of the back of the wall. 
There is an elevated seating area outside the coffee shop. I sat for a while and joined in the banter with a group of bikers. It was fun. Zoom in to the crowds below. 

I felt I had covered most of the site with a walkabout. I was there in January when it was quiet. Check out this blog post for pictures of that visit. With a second post here. 
One last look at the bikes before I leave. The noise was getting too much, I craved a quiet walk.
So did the day end there? No it didn't. I still had a couple of hours spare before I headed back home. I will put that in another post.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.