Thursday 17 October 2024

New bedding

I fancied a cooked breakfast this morning. Chop an onion, add some Quorn mince, some frozen peas, and egg noodles. Two teaspoons of sweet and sour sauce, and add some garlic granules. Blooming lovely. 
It was a sunny start to the day, so I stripped the bed and did two loads of washing. Out on the line and it dried quickly. My pillow cases are looking a bit worn out, so I thought, why not treat myself to some new ones. I went to Dunelm, They have a fantastic selection to choose from. They had some sale items so I had a look through them and found this bargain. I can have a duvet cover and two pillowcases for £10. Thank you that will be perfect. 

I have four pillows on my bed, so I might as well get these covers for £4. Job done. 

I also wanted some tea towels. As with everything in my house they are looking scruffy. I make things last until they are no longer fit for purpose. These will do nicely. 5 for £6. 

There was a bit of excitement in the village tonight. A lorry got stuck on a hill and had to be pulled out. Road blocked for about an hour. I did my bit by stopping traffic and diverting them around the obstruction. People weren't happy. Some of them ignored my flashing torch and waving arms, only to go round the corner and have to turn round and come back. 
I still have two hedgehogs coming every night. Not a very good picture. I don't like to get too close to them or they might run away. 
A lunch out in a pub is planned for tomorrow. Something different. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

3 comments:

  1. Love the duvet cover. Very cheery.
    Bun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing colours on your duvet cover.Bargain! Bet those brushed cotton pillowcases will be snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your hedgehogs Ilona. I live on the main road in my village and so many of them are sadly killed by traffic. I was out on the late dog walk earlier tonight and saw a little one crossing the road with a van hurtling towards it. I managed to wave at the driver like a mad woman and at the last minute he swerved around mr hedgehog! I felt elated, it’s the little things isn’t it! Goodnight and thanks for such an interesting blog, Petra

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.