Friday 25 October 2024

What did I do yesterday

Another letter came from the TV licensing people. I thought I had better respond after ignoring the last one. After all, I have a letter confirming that no licence is needed sent in March 2023. The two years exemption took me to March 2025. So why are they pestering me again. Alright I will give them a call. You speak to a computer, answer the questions, no time for explanations or enquiries. Now does my two years start from now, or will I get another letter in March 2025. They ain't never going to stop. Must be desperate for money. 
Yesterday turned out quite nice. In the afternoon the sun came out. I had a few things to do out and about, so off I went. First stop the Post Office. A bill to pay. 

Next a visit to the Farm Shop. £21 spent. I love the Passionfruit Curd and the Caramelised Onion chutney. Two of each. And I thought I would give Real Ale chutney a try. Fresh from the fields cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts. And celery for a change, to make soup. 
Next onto South Ferriby for a walk. I took a walk up Middlegate. The views across to the Cement Works and beyond to the river are lovely. Although it was blindingly sunny there was a haze beyond the river. I recorded a video but I'm not sure how it turned out. I will check it later. This walk brings back memories of when I lived in a caravan while driving tankers at the cement works. At the end of the working day I came for a walk up here. Although the quarry is now closed, you can see the conveyor belt which took the rocks down to the works. There is some activity at the works, mainly maintenance I think. I wonder if it will open again one day in the future. 
Get in the car and drive to the Humber Bridge. This is the start of the Viking Way. A long distance trail, 147 miles. It finishes in Oakham Rutland. I have walked parts of it through the Lincolnshire Wolds. 


A quick walk along the river bank and another photo of the bridge. 
Losing daylight now. I must go home. A dog is waiting to go a walk. 
Something for the weekend. Making porridge is fun.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have never heard of or understand TV licensing. Your countryside is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos!
    England's own 'Julia Child'! 😅😉 The porridge sounds really yummy. 😃

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.