Wednesday 23 October 2024

Notes from yesterday

Good morning. No Coffee Morning today, it's cancelled, staff on holiday. ☕
Sundays dinner was a selection of vegetables, with seven pieces of spinach and ricotta tortelloni. A cheesy garlic dip to accompany it. 
I did extra vegetables which became the basis of yesterdays lunch. Added to this was mushrooms, spinach, and noodles. I put a splash of cider in it and some peanut butter. Easy one pan meal. 

I had an early lunch because I wanted to go to the 20 21 Arts Centre in town. There was an artist showing how she makes her little characters out of tin cans. I stayed an hour watching her demonstration. I also filmed a video while I was there. This I shall post here tomorrow, after it has been uploaded to yoootooob. 

From there I went to The Range. My cat litter boxes, I have two of them, one upstairs one downstairs, are getting a bit stinky, a lot stinky in fact. The cheap cat litter I have been using from Aldi does not clump so it is difficult to separate the dirty from the still clean litter. I have chosen these three to try. All are clumping. The Stayfresh bag is very heavy, the other two are quite light. So this is an experiment to see which works best. I didn't buy new litter boxes, I will scrub the ones I already have outside on the garden. 🐱🐱🐱

From The Range I went to the Industrial Estate nearby. I need a new cover, big plastic sheet, for my summerhouse. I went to the small business where I bought the previous one, which after two years is starting to show signs of wear. The roof is not leaking yet, still dry inside, but I want to put a new cover on top of the old one. No need to remove it. Luckily he had just what I wanted for £20. 

Two dog walks to do when I got back. I just got them done before it got too dark to see any droppings. I always carry a torch anyway. Billy did three poo's, Rocky did none. 🐕🐕

Looking miserable outside today. Plenty to do here. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Haven't got one.23 October 2024 at 16:50

    Many years ago I used Fuller's earth cat litter, but now I use the wood based one from Home Bargains. It's much cleaner, doesn't stain the tray and is easily cleaned using a little scoop for the solids and one of the slatted plastic scoops which often come free with trays, to sieve the wee sawdust leaving the clean wood bits in the tray for later use.
    Have you tried that sort?
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the wood pellet one too, and get it from B&M Bargains. Have used this for years and it contains the smells quite well. I use a slatted plastic scoop, like J above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend has the slatted plastic scoop. I am not keen on it. I use a plastic spade, the sort that kids use on the beach. Shake the clean litter to one end and scoop up the clumps.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.