Saturday 2 July 2016

Happy food, and happy skip diving

Hello. It's a bit blustery today, but as yet, no rain. I have just eaten this happy meal, so I am very happy now. The face is a cheese and onion bake, two in a packet for £1 from Tesco. I didn't bake it, I grilled it. Fridge almost empty again so I'll nip to town this afternoon for a top up shop. 
I thought I would get my three miles done early today in case the weather turns nasty. Half way round something stopped me dead in my tracks, a skip was being loaded outside a house, the occupants are moving on. Had to have a nosy. Two chrome bar stools snaffled, and a wooden picture frame. The stools will be cleaned up, seats re covered, and I will find a good home for them. I will remove the picture, it is a bit grubby, sand the frame and paint it for my own use. Quite a good find I thought, I like skip diving. I was reluctant to dig any deeper into the rubbish because there was a strong stink of dog poo, yuk, it was 'orrible. 
I need to finish off my walk now, as I made a diversion back to the house to get my car and pick up the chairs. I need to go and do a bit of shopping in town, then have a bath, and tonight I need to be at  Radio Humberside studios in Hull for 9pm. No, I'm not on the radio, they are going to link me up with a TV station in Australia for an interview on their morning programme, Sunrise. They originally asked if I could do it at 11.30pm so it would match up live with them, they are 12 hours ahead. I said no, too late, so they are recording it an hour or so before it is due to go out.

Right better crack on, things to do. Thanks for popping in, have a good weekend..
Toodle pip

15 comments:

  1. You have a very varied routine, makes for interesting reading! SueM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you finding a great skip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good finds.

    me..love sunflowers, would like the pic as is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have picked up many a bargain at curbside. Good job on the bar stools!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There should be a Love button...I would put one on every post of yours! <3 ps...love that wooden frame, can't wait to see what you do with it! KarenV

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy post. Really cheered me up. I hope your radio programme went well. I like the picture but well done on using the frame. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! I was out for my walk last week and came upon some items on the curb. One was an old galvanized watering can!!!!! What a great find! I picked it up and carried it with me on the rest of my walk and now it is sitting on my front porch! I'm sure I looked a bit funny power walking with a watering can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that your creativity is boundless!! Shirley USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw your blog site mentioned on Simple Savers. I am in Canada and just wanted to say that you are an inspiration. I am 70 and thought I did well, but not nearly as good as you. Congratulations on a life well lived. Pat S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your happy food. Enjoy your finds and best of luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually watch Sunrise so will make sure I watch it tomorrow! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with your finds - we're not allowed to 'skip dive' here in Shropshire - health and safety and all that' it's a pity because I quite often see stuff I could re-use in the skips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only skip dive when the skip is on someone's driveway and I have asked permission. Not sure why there is a health and safety issue in that.

      Delete
  13. Good job on rescuing those items! Our neighbors once had a large "garbage" pile, and on it I found a large paper cutter, the kind that uses a round disc cutting wheel. I took it home and cleaned it up. (It was rather filthy.) Turns out ,a replacement disc was still inside. It looks brand new, and cost $67 originally. I love using it!

    Lisa in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had better keep an eye out on Sunrise and see if I can catch the interview. How exciting :)

    Love the skip finds, I could do with those stools myself :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.