Saturday 17 August 2024

Before and after

I have been walking around with this on my head for about four years. It started out as a cheap 50p child's cap. It was far too small for me but it was cheap. To remedy that I cut the top out and covered the whole thing with a colourful fabric remnant. Every time it started to fade and become grubby I stripped it and covered it again, four times. 
The latest refurbishment of my sun visor. I don't like sun glasses so this is the perfect solution to protect my eyes from the glare of the sun. It will last another year. 

I now have a choice. This one, or the black one with glitter trimmings. 
Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. thats definitely recycling. Like the colours of this years " model". I don't like sunglasses much either but light hurts my eyes ( macula degeneration) I sometimes wear them even when its not sunny. They are always in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have prescription sunglasses, but I got fed up of carrying them around.

      Delete
  2. That looks lovely. And if the hat is comfortable, why replace it? I look forward to seeing you model it in upcoming posts and videos. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.