Monday 26 August 2024

Busy Bank Holiday.

Twas quite a busy day today. Chat and Craft this morning, in the Village Hall. It was party time. Celebrating Jan's birthday, and a farewell party for one of our members who is moving down south. Home made cakes. I wasn't very hungry because I had eaten this breakfast before I went. 
Left over cooked vegetables, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, courgettes, and tortellini. Warmed up in a pan with a drop of oil, add a slice of bread, and pour over a beaten egg, topped with grated cheese.  Finished off under the grill, with beetroot added. Filling and tasty. 
While I was eating that I had this cardy laid out in front of me. I was looking for inspiration because I want to add some colour to it. I need a new project. The shadow on the picture is from one of the cd's I have hanging up in the back window. I have four, they stop the birds flying into the glass and injuring themselves. 

After Crafty Club I had a coffee with my friend Angela. She lives nearby. 

The weather was warm and sunny so I decided to take a walk to the park. There is a Summer Fair on today. It was 3pm when I got there. Music in the courtyard with people dancing. 

I didn't take many photo's. Couldn't resist these Alpacas though. Try getting them to pose for the camera, they just don't understand. 


Walking back through the courtyard it got busier. More people dancing. They played 40's war time songs. I spotted my friend June, with her daughter, and joined them for a chat. 

The stall holders were starting to pack up at 4pm, and when the music finished I left to go home. There are some pictures of this event on a blog post I wrote a year ago. Check this out. 

I've come up with an idea for the cardy. Here is a clue. 

Dinner tonight was a stir fry with sweet and sour sauce. Blooming lovely. 
I hope you had a good weekend. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.