Sunday 11 August 2024

Stapenhill Cemetery and gardens.

Looking for the last few painted beer barrels took me to Stapenhill. There is a big cemetery which I have never ventured into before. Time to have a look. 
The gardens are lovely at this time of the year. The Council make a good job of planting up loads of colour. Next to the River Trent, it makes a pleasant place for a walk. The sun was going down when I snapped a few pictures. 







It was almost 9pm, now to go to my nephews house to park up for the night. He very kindly invited me to park on his front lawn. I had already eaten so it was straight to bed when I got there. I didn't hear him when he got back after 10pm. Fast asleep. I sleep well in the car. 

I was up at 7am the following morning. Coffee in the car, and a chat in the house before I left.
And so ends my day in Burton. Where to next? Day two to follow.
Thanks for popping in. I believe it's going to be hot hot hot today, Sunday. Strange how the weather changes by the day, by the hour sometimes.  Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.Good Morning Ilona.Thanks for taking us a walk around the cemetery.Its always calm and peaceful in these places and I love having a sit on a bench,even for 15 mins in our local one.The flower displays look beautiful too.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. I love the calmness of a cemetery.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.