Sunday 7 January 2024

The National Memorial Arboretum

I recorded this video at the end of my visit to the National Memorial Arboretum. They were about to close at 4pm so it was an opportunity to walk around with a camera. The staff were packing up ready to go home. 
I will split this visit into two posts because I have another video. There are lots of photo's. Quite a lot of the site was flooded, so there were some areas not accessible. There are 150 acres, and over 400 memorials. Enough to keep you busy for a whole day. Have a stroll through this blog post to see a few of these memorials, then check out their web site for more information. 



The river is somewhere over yonder, beyond those trees. 








There is a land train to give people a lift around the massive site. Not needed today.
This memorial has two sides, so I took two photo's. I think with a low sunset just above the horizon it  would make a perfect picture shining through the glass. A bit of sun struggling to break through the clouds today. 

Adrian getting a bit of practice in. 😆
The floods prevented us from getting any closer to this. 
Now this looks amazing. If only I could get up close to see the details. 
Everywhere you go, there are names carved into bricks and stones. I think the plan is to keep adding names in years to come. 
I will cut you loose here. Look for the next post for another video and more pictures. By the way, it's free to get in here. You only pay £6 to park, so if you bring friends with you, that is a bargain. 
Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   Ilona 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.