Tuesday 10 January 2017

Brighten up your electricals with paint

Hello. Apologies for my absence, something else cropped up yesterday which took a bit of time up. Anyway, here I am with another good idea for brightening your home up. You might like to copy this.
My very old telephone is looking a bit scruffy, but it is in perfect working order. Seems daft to chuck it out and get a posh new one. Besides, I like the big buttons and it has an amplify facility so I can actually hear what people are saying to me. Hmmmm, what to do? I have cleaned it with a damp cloth, removed all the gunge which accumulates around the buttons, and cleaned the flex. It needs some COLOUR 
WOW, that's tons better. Now it looks pretty pretty sat on my desk next to the computer. I didn't paint the handset because it would have worn off in time being constantly picked up with grubby hands. Some pink sticky back plastic is just the job to complete the transformation. I'm chuffed. It makes me want to paint more stuff in the house to brighten the place up.


Here's something I have just found on yoootooob, you might like to have a go at this, it's so easy. All you need is a plain piece of paper and a felt tip pen, or crayon, or pencil. If I can do it you can. Looks quite complicated but it isn't.




Just follow this video. Let me know if you have done it.



Then when you have mastered the basics you could try this and make a picture.



Wow, you're going to be busy then, ha ha.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

15 comments:

  1. I had the same phone as yours but mine gave up the ghost two years ago. Love your colours. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That phone is looking great !. I tried stickers on my eye-glass cover. It looks better. Tried art journaling before. It is a very good way to keep us busy. I like the mixed media style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I practice this sort of doodling to get the design into my brain so that I can free machine quilt . it really does make a difference with the co-ordination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the telephone. We all need colour. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your phone!
    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for phone. Lovely and bright good for people like me that lose them around the house. kitx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only you, Ilona, would paint a telephone!! It looks great. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished watching your 2 video's (and about 5 others showing op art styles) and another new project to try (as if I need any more in my life) so thanks for that ha ha. Love your phone make-over.
    It's Jennys Birthday today but she's not well, so we hope to get out tomorrow and see 'the blade'. I read yesterday it's there until mid March, so plenty of time for people to try and get to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A late Happy Birthday to Jenny. I will get over to Hull at some point to see the blade. Ferens Gallery is opening on Thursday, need to take a look at that as well.

      Delete
  9. going to have a go with the doddle. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new happy colours on your phone:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like mussel shells to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your phone! Please can you let me know what sort of paint you used? I have a plastic frame I would like to paint 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. It is a small pot (20ml) of Rust-Oleum, quick drying water based multi purpose paint. It dries with a gloss finish. It's in a little glass jar with plastic lid, got it from Homebase I think. It was in the household paint section, but the display was about craft paints.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.