Saturday 7 January 2017

More Hull City of Culture 2017

Hello. A few more pics of my visit to Hull on Thursday. The main attraction was the amazing light show in Queen Victoria Square. I saved this experience for last. Glad I did, because a lot of people were heading out to The Deep when I was coming back into the centre of the city. 
The three main buildings were the screens for this epic show. They all had the same images and sound playing simultaneously, so no matter which way you were facing you didn't miss any of it. The story of the last 70 years of Hull's history was played out in fabulous sight and sound panoramic views. I stood facing the Maritime Museum. As well as spectacular it was also very emotional to watch. 







A shame that part of HULL was missing in the doorway of the building.


By the time I had watched this I was shivering with cold and thought it best to make tracks for the bus station. I would have liked to see it on one of the other buildings but I was cold, and there was an hour in between bus times. I caught the 6.25pm bus. It was busy with passengers from the South Bank all making their way home.

If you want to watch the whole show, it's here on yoootooob, thanks to Adam Reeve's excellent video. Thanks to Lesley for sending me the link. Put it on full screen, it's very emotional.



I must get on. Dog to walk. Thank you for popping in. Have a nice weekend. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip


5 comments:

  1. Oh that really looked fabulous i amagine was emotiional to watch
    fabulous pictures
    sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it looks great. I have never been there. It's a bit far. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh will maybe watch from the tv screen. Thanks for link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That was really something. Beautifully done, moving and uplifting too. Thank you for sharing the link. I'm sure it was even more impressive in real life.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.