Friday 13 January 2017

Painting the easy way.

Hello. That's another one finished, I think. I say I think because I'm not so sure that the frame is right, but it will stay like this for the time being. I found a frame yesterday at a charity shop for £1, which was the exact size I needed. It's a metallic gold and there isn't a mark on it. 
The paint is household emulsion from the sample pots, the black outlining done with a fine liner felt tip pen. I found a small Body Shop lip brush in my ancient makeup box, it was perfect for this job. Doubt I shall ever be using lippy again.






And this is the piece of fabric before I started. It's quite thick, like a heavy curtain fabric. Some of the colours only needed one coat, some two coats. 
I did think that a black frame would look good to give the colours extra vibrancy, so I stuck some tape around the edge. Not so sure now. I am now thinking paint the gold frame silver, that might give it a more modern style.


The picture size is 10 inches by 12 inches. I love it. Think I'm going to keep it.

The bad weather is here, snow this morning though it was gone within an hour of falling. It's still windy and cold. I might do the yellow sticker dash tonight, if I can be bothered. Need to fill the car with petrol as well.

Thanks for popping in, the weekend is here, enjoy, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

13 comments:

  1. It's lovely,Ilona! Reminds me a great deal of the Peter Max artworks of the sixties and seventies... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty Ilona. have you thought of Free machine quilting it as well? Its just I love FMQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I am not very good at free machining. The paint has hardened, putting it through a machine would crack it. It's behind glass so quilting would be flattened.

      Delete
  3. Another brilliant idea, would never have thought it would look so good. On my to try list, thankyou for sharing - Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Ilona. And I do think that black for the frame makes the colours 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are rather good aren't they?.....in fact they're much better than some commercially available bollix I saw recently. I mean really, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of The Beatles. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yuu are right. Very yellow submarine. lol.

      Delete
  7. Now that is clever! I'm not good at art so that really appeals! It looks amazing Ilona
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. Find a piece of fabric with a few markings on it and use them as a starter. You can modify as you go, paint over small areas to make them bigger, paint out the bits you don't want to keep, add other doodles. Maybe find a frame first and cut the fabric a bit bigger, paint to the edges to seal them. Heavier fabric is best, not cotton. If the paint sits on the top and does not spread evenly, thin with a drop of water. Not too wet though or it will make the fabric soggy and you will need a second coat. Have a go.

      Delete
  8. i like what you did with fabric. Good idea. I have so many photos to print out. That's the lesser of the prices. I get them matted and framed costs nearly $40! Sigh but I'm building my gallery in the living room...my dream! When I'm gone, then family and friends can pick through them and have them for memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely very eye-catching x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.