Saturday 21 January 2017

Homebird

Hello. What a change in the weather again, no two days the same. Damp and drizzly and overcast. I did the Jade dog walk this morning, and was glad to get back into my comfortable house. After lunch I finished off the six bags I started the other day. The fabric is not bright and jazzy, but when I saw it at the Scrapstore I thought that will do nicely for bags. 
I was thinking the other day that I haven't been out in the evening for ages, except for the WI talk I did the other night. Can't remember the last time I got my glad rags on and painted the town red. I think town centres are to be avoided at night, they seem to be geared up for boozy youngsters partying. I am too old for that sort of thing. My social life is virtually nil.
I shall be going out next Saturday night however, been invited to a birthday party at a pub in the next village. My good friend Helen is celebrating her 50th, it will make a nice change. I won't be stopping long though, about an hour will be fine. There is a band and as you know I can't cope with noise, I also won't drink, have to drive home. 
Nope, not much socializing happening here at the moment. My nights are spent in my comfortable living room, on my super comfortable second hand sofa, the whole suite cost me all of £50 from my friend who emigrated. A brilliant buy. Reading a book, listening to the radio, or watching something on yooootoooob, just me and my kitties. Trouble is, I put my feet up, and it doesn't take long for me to drop off to sleep. Reading always makes me drowsy. 
Bugsy has a choice of dinner as usual. Now what shall I eat first, Felix or Gourmet Gold. A quick lick of both and he goes for the milk. It's a good job he has, I've ground the tablet to a powder and mixed it in. I started by giving him the tablet whole but it was so stressful for both of us, it's easier to dissolve it in a drink. You should have seen him earlier on today, he scoffed every bit of his food. I reckon I will come downstairs in the morning and most of this will be gone. Only two more tablets left for tomorrow, then we'll see how he goes on after his medication has finished.

Right, time for relaxing on the sofa. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon
Toodle pip.

14 comments:

  1. weather has been grotty here all day. great shopping bags. well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags are really nice, especially the boat one. There must be sparks coming off that sewing machine ! We never go out in the evenings.Rather have a day trip. Enjoyed our stay at the Ibis in Hull. We intend to stay there next time we go. Ahh Bugsy is a lucky cat. Hope the tablets help him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you're right there, Caz. I whizz along at a rate of knots.

      Delete
  3. The bags may not be jazzy, but I like them, especially the one with the bird.

    Glad Bugsy is eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a dog that has a problem with her pituitary gland and has been on medication for 8 years , periodically she goes off her food . Current let she will only eat cooked chicken oh and any thing on my husbands plate . Animals will drive you mad sometimes .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. If you truly love your pet, you have to do these things. They are like babies.

      Delete
  5. I also enjoy cosy evenings at home. Much prefer day time outings and your home looks very cosy, the best place to be especially in the winter! Glad Bugsy is going along nicely. My three cats get a choice of food as two are very old, not sure how old the stray is but he now is getting fussy! SueM

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag with the bird is cute....but not as cute as Bugsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Bugsy not well too? Must have missed that. Cooked bland chicken and rice was recommended for my little dog by the vet. I have a pussy cat now - my baby. There are too many things to do to go out much. I will have an away day perhaps in the spring. The bags are looking lovely. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mum gave her old ginger cat thyroid pills every day for the last five years of his life. I used to phone her up every morning (to check she was stilL alive, she was in her late eighties by then) and we'd do the daily checklist...you're still alive; what do you need from the shops; did you give the cat his pill. Actually the cat was what kept my mum going so long given her own poor health, she knew it would upset him if she died first. After he died (at a decent old age) she used to totter round here three times a week to get her cat fix instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't enjoy the winter evenings and find it a pain to go out in the cold, de-ice the car to return home and then de-frost ourselves so limited outings at night at this time of year. January and February are least liked months but not long to go before the Spring arrives. Occasional cinema attendance but go in the afternoons; the last time visited on Saturday night a young, drunk man fell asleep on my shoulder and snored throughout the film, his companions were inebriated too so it was a miserable experience. The living room suite was a bargain - well worthwhile. Pleased Bugsy is perking up. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love your Bird shopping bag its very pretty, what an excellent find x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rarely go out in the evenings. I agree with the comment above about it being a real pain to de-ice the car! Snuggled up in my dressing gown with a good book,watching to or writing suits me fine. I do, however, love going out in the day time and enjoy lunch out from time to time with friends. I also go to a ladies only gym. It is my extravagance but, for me, £30 a month well spent. Three times a week I catch up with friends and drink coffee ( no additional cost). I'm not a walker like you, Ilona, but I do keep fit by my regular gym visits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi There!
    I rarely comment, but read your blog daily. When I read the line "My social life is virtually nil." It made me laugh. I'm 41 and avoid going out at all costs, god help me when I'm 67 lol
    I do hope Mr Bugsy is doing well, that is a super cute pic of the grand old man.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.