Thursday 19 January 2017

Mucky boots.

Hello. Fancied something different for my breakfast this morning, rather than the usual bran flakes, ground nuts, seeds, and fruit, and a banana. Twas half a tin of Value baked beans, 12p, two scrambled eggs, 28p, and two slices of seeded bread, 14p. Filled me up a treat, had a late lunch because I was still full at 1pm. 
Weather is still a bit murky, though not raining. I got my walk done before lunch today, and went a different route. The farmers are getting in the sugar beet. Two tractors trundling up and down the track and tipping them onto this pile.

I watched for a few minutes. I had a job once driving tractors through an auction, it was hilarious. I like tractors. I like JCB's as well. I had a go once at driving one at the JCB test site at Ashbourne in Derbyshire, they don't half bounce around. I imagine the suspension must have improved a lot since then.


Clever how that machine scoops up the roots and discards the tops of the plants. Wouldn't mind having a play with that monster. 

Coming back for another load, best get out the way.

 Oh heck, stuck up to the eyeballs in mud.

Moving on. Money saving tip. Are you coming to the end of your toothpaste? I bought the Colgate for 50p ages ago from Poundstretcher, it was on offer. It has lasted a while, I only put a squidgen on my brush, hate having a frothy mouth. Anyway, the new tube is a Tesco Value one, only 25p. It might be cheap but it has all the ingredients needed to clean teeth, and is accredited by the International Dental Health Foundation. I have used it in the past, it's perfectly fine, and the minty taste is not too strong, which I like. Give it a go, no need to pay silly prices for toothpaste.

Think that's about it. I'm making some more shopping bags, always something to do.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

19 comments:

  1. I never cease to be amazed at the occupational bombshells you drop on us from time to time. What an interesting life you have! I like tractors too but didn't realise it until I had children. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "secret" to toothpaste is putting it on the width of the toothbrush - not the length. It's the right amount to clean your teeth without looking rabid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toothpaste and tractors.Hilarious! Keep well, safe and content. XX for your lovely pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sums up what I was thinking!! AND, on to making more bags!! Wish I had that much energy. Oh wait! I didn't have that much energy 15 years ago when I was Ilona's age! Shirley Seattle USA

      Delete
  4. Beans and egg on toast, I will be having this on Friday as I just bought 12 tins of Branston beans for £3.49 at Farm Foods, we are meat eaters but we eat a few simple meals as well to keep the budget down. Thanks for the review on the value toothpaste, sounds good, before I get anymore I have a stack or Oral B to get through which I got for 60p .

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true re toothpaste. During my working life as a health visitor re info to mums re dental health for their children the guidelines were a smear until 3 then a pea sized amount over 3 that includes adults no need for more as it can cause loss of enamel etc also as you say basic supermarket toothpaste is perfectly adequate. All those toothpaste ads load of rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dentist provides my toothpaste on prescription and as I am over 60 it doesn't cost me. Not going to refuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Euythmol toothpaste doesn't froth. Tastes great too, nothing like the usual minty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much work a tractor can do, right? Regarding toothpaste, I have to buy new for me. They say very little paste is enough. You can even brush without toothpaste. Will be boring, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I fancy baked beans right now. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I thought the Morrison's brand of toothpaste I bought in 2009 for 39p was a great value.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a very frothy one recently and won't buy it again. I look like a rabid chimp when I have finished... won't waste it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My OH always goes dewy eyed when he sees huge trucks or tractors as he would love to drive them. They scare me to death and I'm full of admiration for you as an ex truckie. Thank you for the heads up on the toothpaste. I keep looking at the value stuff and wondering if it works. Now I'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love reading your posts as they are so down to earth. But just wondering about the empty tube of toothpaste: you do know that when you cut it open it will still last about another week?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dentist told me to buy the cheaper brand as they are just right for my teeth. We're not very close to a Tesco so we buy another own brand costing 35p, it does the trick and not overly minty which is great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed this post. My husband works for John Deere and we farmed for years in Indiana, USA. Every time we see field equipment we stop and watch and I usually snap pictures with my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Tesco value toothpaste, it has a pleasant taste and all the ingredients needed. Euthymol has a great strong taste for when you want to be extra fresh and you need the tiniest bit as it is quite strong. Be aware Euthymol doesn't contain fluoride. Suits the anti-fluoride lobby but fluoride will decrease rates of tooth decay.
    I also use the Tesco value deodorant and nobody has complained yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to be able to find generic toothpaste here in the States but not anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree about the toothpaste. Due to moving countries my excuse, I had not kept up my check ups and been to the dentist for three years. I was using a cheap toothpaste and then one of my grandchildren hated the taste of the 5 -12 childrens toothpaste bought for him, so waste not want not here used that. After using the whole tube a minute bit on the brush I finally went to the dentist and had perfect teeth. Which proves it's the brushing that's important not what you use. I am now brushing with mix of bicarb and lemon juice to whiten them no expensive toothpaste or treatment for me, they are whitening nicely

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.