Monday 23 January 2017

Fan of Heartbeat

Hello. Not a lot happening here today. The usual Monday morning Crafty Club, numbers down a bit, people must be busy with other things. This afternoon a friend came round and we had a coffee and natter. She comes to the village every week day during term time, to walk two dogs belonging to a teacher couple. They pay her to do this, as the dogs would be on their own too long otherwise. After that I did a Jade dog walk, that is the last one now, as her regular walker is back from his hols, and will take over tomorrow. Jade will be pleased, as Ken lets her off the lead to run in the fields. I have kept her on the lead as I don't want to be chasing after her if she decides not to come back.

I've got a bit hooked on watching the old Heartbeat shows on yoootooob. I love the Yorkshire setting, the characters, and the storylines. It's easy viewing, a little bit of drama with a splash of humour. The village of Goathland is used for the filming, I've been a couple of times, it's a lovely place, and great for walking. To all the blog readers outside the UK, Heartbeat is a glimpse into village life in the 1960's. Mind you, there seems to be quite a bit of crime going on, I'm sure it's not like that for real, ha ha. It's got the pub, a shop, a garage, a police station, farms and cottages.

I've found a short clip, it's one of five that goes behind the scenes. Have a look, and if you think you might like it, give one of the episodes a try. Each one lasts about 45 minutes. Let me know if you like it.



I'm going to get myself a mug of hot choccy and watch another one.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

18 comments:

  1. Wasn't Heartbeat filmed in the 90's but set in the 60's? I remember watching it with my Mum on ITV :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heartbeat and watch it every evening, it is so easy to watch no swearing, sex or violence. . It brings back so many memories. I will enjoy it all the mire know wing you to watch it. They don't make programmers like it now.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic series Ilona, not like some of the tosh today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great series. Thank you for sharing the link.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fun show. I'll check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a great show...will have to see if I can find it here in the States...have been watching the old show Marple...always a favorite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I like the Marple series, but sometimes the story lines need 100% attention, they are a bit more complicated than the heartbeat ones. I like to try and work out who dun it.

      Delete
  7. Heartbeat is a great series, all that village charm and mysteries too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for reminding me about Heartbeat - I shall add it to my list of things to watch on yt. I have been rewatching 'A Fine Romance' with Judy Dench, very funny - and clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, A Fine Romance. I shall watch this when I have seen all the Heartbeat episodes. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I liked the spin off The Royal set in a hospital. I worked at the old War memorial hospital in Whitby in 1970 and I can actually recognise some of the characters - some are very true to life.

      Delete
  9. Love love love Heartbeat. As an expat stuck in the US for now it reminds me so much of growing up in the Uk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have never watched Heartbeat but may look at some episodes to try - a small, rural community with an enormous amount of crime but of course that's what keeps the drama going, wouldn't be much entertainment otherwise (the same as Coronation Street - twenty or so characters in a street, good grief what goes on - bigamy, serial killers etc (really in one street?) but that's what drama-writing is about. I had to agree when you said 'hot choccy drink'; it really is very cold at the moment and nothing better than that to keep warm (-7c when I got in the car today at 7am, brr!). Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omigosh, I loved watching Heartbeat and The Royal when I could get them. I used to be able to watch the TVO station out of Toronto and they carried Heartbeat for years. I had to switch to cable when they changed the tv signals from analog to digital and can't get it anymore.
    Good memories, Ilona. I used to watch it with my mom.
    Joan, Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  12. They still show it every Friday night here in Toronto - watched it for the first few years but only now and again after the original police officer left the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My brother used to be a policeman in the area at the time 'Heartbeat' was being filmed and would often be on duty on the set while filming was going on. The police were sometimes allowed to eat from the catering vans and he remembers Bill Maynard (Claude Jeremiah Greengrass) saying to him 'Pull up a chair, lad and help yourself to some crab salad'

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.