I've just noticed that there was a big trucking event on today. The East Coast Truckers Club did their 39th annual convoy for disabled and disadvantaged children. I remember this from years ago. They take them for a day out at Great Yarmouth.
80+ trucks in this convoy. Police escorting.
I've been talking to a Romanian Trucker, yesterday and today. He has been parked up on the Industrial Estate since Friday. He is due to pick up a load on Tuesday morning nearby. He didn't seem to be bothered about having to wait around for so long. He has a top of the range Volvo cab with home comforts. He has a chair and cooking facilities in the trailer. When I finished my picking today I asked him if he wants me to show him a circular walk around the pond. He was pleased about that. I think he was glad of the company. We chatted about the current situation. He told me what it is like in Romania. I am able to report that he is wide awake, and they have similar political problems. I showed him some photo's of the types of work that I have done. He says he works six weeks away then goes home for a break.
I must get on. I am getting a bit behind with posting, such a lot to talk about, and a video to upload.
Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am not accepting comments at the moment.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.