Friday 9 January 2009

Chatting with Lara

Another morning another radio interview, this time for BBC Radio Humberside. I just love chatting with Lara King, the presenter, she is so lively and such good fun. Of course the subject of my boys pants came up, and my three years supply of toilet rolls I get from the wholesaler, as well as some other money saving tips, and the plug for the programme tonight. Afterwards, I was booked for a date in March to go into the studios to talk about the Budget, what I think of it, and to offer my own ideas as to what I would put into it. I'm going to have to do some preparation for that one, the Budget is something that usually makes me fall asleep.

This afternoon a hunky man turned up at my house with his tripod, camera and lighting equipment, the brief he had been given by his agency wasn't very specific so I filled him in on the background to the story. He then came up with some interesting ideas for the shots, and between us we set them up. I warned him to keep his coat on because of the cold, then I felt sorry for him and put the gas fire on for ten minutes as he was shivering. We did some shots in the garden as well, me holding a bowl of lettuce which amazingly is still alive and edible. I am not sure when this is going appear in the Independant, I'll keep looking at the web site, because I am too mean to keep buying the newspapers.

Well, finally at last the waiting is over and I have been on the tele, I had to go to my friends house to watch it because I don't have a tele. I thought it was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing at myself. I was shopping in Tesco scouring the place for bargains, I was hanging my pants on the washing line, I was having a strip wash in my kitchen, and I was counting my toilet rolls that I buy in bulk. The filming took about ten hours in total and they whittled it all down to about six minutes, so quite a lot ended up on the cutting room floor. Claire, the director and producer, and Rachel, were lovely to work with. You can see the programme, The Hunt For Britains Tightest Person, here, click on Catch Up http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-hunt-for-britains-tightest-person

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.