Saturday 20 October 2012

One wedding and a lot of ducks

It's been a lovely day here in North Lincolnshire. I've got another arty project on the go, but I took time out this afternoon to take a walk in the park. Normanby Park that is. I took me and Rocky in the car because although it isn't very far away it's too far for his little legs to carry him there and back. Look at the wonderful Autumn colours.

The park was quite busy, lots of families with kids and dogs enjoying the sunshine. Rocky spotted the ducks, he wants to jump in the pond and chase them.
Normanby Hall is often used for weddings, and today we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of  the bride and groom posing for photographs next to their veteran wedding car. The guests came spilling out of the main door with their drinks and cameras in their hands. Some of the women in their flimsy dresses must have been freezing, although the sun was out there was a crisp chill in the air.
'Oh gawd, how many more pictures do you want of me. I am flippin smiling, just press the button, then I can go and get those ducks'.
The car sets off whisking the happy couple away.

Bye bye, have a nice life.
More lovely Autumn colours

A magnificent tree, I love it.
We wanderd into the tropical glass house and found this beautiful flower. It looks like a bird.  
Then we were a bit naughty, and had a Magnum ice cream. That's two in two weeks, must stop this extravagance. But we do like them.

Well here I am on a Saturday night, sipping a glass of red wine and munching my way through two slices of Marmite on toast. Boy do I lead an exciting life, ha ha. Have a nice Sunday. Toodle pip.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona, I love your photos, you have a real talent for taking pictures. My favourite tonight is the one of the tree, it's fabulous. Enjoy your marmite on toast x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy people who live where there are fall colors. In New Orleans we go from green to bare with very little in between.

    You were close on the flower. It's a Bird of Paradise.

    Leslie from New Orleans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always glad to see pictures of Rocky and I keep hoping to see an announcement that he's come to live with you permanently, but until then, thank you for being such a good friend to him.

    -Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the bride and groom were suitably honoured by Rocky's presence. Hope they have a nice life together too. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are lovely,the bride was beautiful...but once again Rocky stole the show!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see Rocky again, and the autumnal scenes, even though it does mean winter is soon here.
    I am fond of Magnum too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he's a cutie that Rocky, lovely Fall colours as well.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Ilona, Love the Autumn colours in the photos, particularly the tree of gold. Rocky is very well behaved, poses for pictures no problem at all. All the best to the bride and groom; I bet their teeth were chattering when they were having their photos taken. Hope you enjoyed your Marmite on toast. Cheers for now, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rocky was very well behaved. If I let Baxter loose while I took a photo, there would have been very different wedding shots indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. red wine, marmite on toast, sounds like a very pleasant autumn supper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so miss the autumn colours:( Gorgeous photos Ilona, especially of Rocky♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ilona, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award (not sure you're into those kinds of things) but just wanted to show my appreciation because I really enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ilona
    Can we please,please have at least one photo of Rockie every time you blog. It warms my heart and nourishes my soul to see the happiness in that little dog...thanks to you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your big beautiful tree at Normanby reminded me of the cherry tree they have at the front of the house. Such lovely colours at this time of the year. Love reading your blogs and tips and wish I had your imagination :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that picture of the tree. Autumn is such an amazing time of the year with all the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.