Friday 14 October 2016

Be creative

Hello. I saw this sign in a shop window in Lincoln a few weeks ago, and immediately thought, yep, that's right, definitely agree with it. Life is about creating yourself.  
If you are lost then you took a wrong turn and you have to go back and look at things from a different angle, maybe find a better way. If you are not sure where your destination lies you could find yourself lost in a dead end, and unable to work out how you got there. Drifting along with no particular aims and ambitions and you are almost guaranteed to get lost somewhere along the way. And then what do you do? You start to question what is going to happen to you for the rest of the time you have left on this earth. You start soul searching, you begin to think, this isn't the real me, I don't know what the real me is. You ask how do I find myself? By then it could be too late, you are well and truly lost.

However, if you make up your mind that you are going to make the best of your life, the very best that you can, that's a good start to building the foundations for the life you want. We can create a timetable, create our own unique journey, create opportunities, create our own little space where we feel comfortable, and create our friends. Far better to create your own life, before someone else does it for you.  

Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend.
Toodle pip


10 comments:

  1. Best be careful with advice like this - you'll put a whole bunch of Psychiatrists' out of work. I've always thought the song "Get Over It" by the Eagles was a good way to deal with life as well. R/Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. I needed a wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words Ilona. I try and live for the moment and enjoy whatever I am doing at that particular time, although when it's housework I
    do struggle! SueM

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so true, thats exactly how I feel now, lost. You put children and husbands and family first for so many years. I am 68 and alone now, dont know how to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words of wisdom!
    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats exactly what I have been doing at 62 years old. Live a life I am happy with,nothing glamorous,just happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to add my name to previous post.
    Jane In Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ilona - just the kick up the arse I need at the moment. I seem to have kept quite busy since "being retired" about 6 weeks ago - but in my mind and my heart I feel as though I'm just drifting at the moment. I've got all kinds of things floating about in my mind "to do" but not done anything concrete as yet. It's a gloomy, rainy Sunday so I am going to sit down, get out my planner and look up all those websites I've been meaning to check out, look out those numbers for phone calls I need to make tomorrow, and get some appointments booked! Time to stop just wandering from day to day!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.