Tuesday 8 November 2016

Going round in circles

Hello. Thank you all so much for your comments on the previous post. I needed to write it down and explain why I didn't mention Rocky on here for a while. I wanted you to know that I didn't give up on him. Thank you for understanding.

Remember this experiment, slashing the fabric to expose the colours underneath. I saw the technique on a yoootooob video and had a go. Sandwich lots of scraps between two pieces of fabric. I chose to machine stitch in circles, it can be done in lines up and down. Then slash through the top fabric in between the stitching with a small pair of scissors and down into the layers, but not the bottom piece.


Look what it has turned into. 
 I have added lots of running stitches in different colours into the corners.

More running stitches in circles, with beads added. The centre is a circle of red felt with pearl and gold beads stitched into it. Hasn't come out very well in the picture but it looks nice.

I had a gold frame which someone gave me, it fits in there perfectly. Haven't put the glass in because it would squash the ruffles. 
It's turned out a lot better than I thought it would, not bad for an experiment. I'm rather chuffed with it.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

18 comments:

  1. Dear Ilona
    No wonder you're proud - it looks fantastic. The stitching in the corner really works well to highlight the circles.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely and I really like how you've used the stitching and beads to embellish it. Kristel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good. did you wash it to get the fabric to fluff more\? the stitching really compliments it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so well and to think it's your first effort at this type of thing!!! Well done. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I wish I lived near your village (also country!) and could buy some of your works!!! This project is gorgeous and you are so crafty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! A real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love!!! This is the kind of stuff that rings my bell; i love a lot of color and threads. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I think the running stitches really frame it out and make it look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful. Your little running stitches are very neat, much neater than mine ever would be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Were you working on it at the same time you were telling Rocky's story? It looks like a maze or a labyrinth much like you were surely navigating in his best interest. You could name it "A Tribute to Rocky" Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hypnotic. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  12. that would look fantastic on the back of jacket or one of your great bags.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.