Tuesday 31 August 2021

The things I see.

What did I see on my walk today? One of the turbines appears to be broken. No worries, the maintenance crew are here to put it right. 
Another load of straw bales on it's way to who knows where. That's a wagon and drag lorry by the way, or a draw bar and trailer if you like. The cab is a Scania, I can tell that by it's shape. That's one combo that I never got the chance to drive. Very difficult to reverse. They used to rope and sheet a load like that, now they just strap it. 

The entrance to the horsey field is partially blocked. A very large branch has broken away from the trunk of this tree. Bet that made a loud crack as it fell. 
Entertainment while I ate my custard tart sitting on the bench outside the Village Hall. Young man pulls up, unstraps his load, drops his tailboard and proceeds to drive the machine off, and down to the site where it's wanted. 

Nearly there, careful, don't tip it up. 

Look what I found, luckily I had a carrier bag with me. They have started to harvest the potatoes. No I didn't dig these up. They must have fallen off the trailer, I found them on the grass verge on the track next to the field. Lucky find eh! 

I had a chat with a man walking his dog, and a woman walking her two dogs. The walk is supposed to take about two hours. It often takes longer because I stop and chat to people. 
I've made a big pan of stew tonight. It's blooming loverly. I put a packet of macaroni cheese in it. Plenty left for two more portions. 
I'm going to stop now, I am making mistakes, hitting the wrong keys, brain must be tired. Don't forget, it's check in day tomorrow for the walking group. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Nice find of the potatoes and good they won't be wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling my friend about the potato find. She said she saw quite a lot of them scattered on the road near a field gate. I hope they were also picked up by quick thinking people passing by.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.