Thursday 26 May 2022

A visit to Bransby Horses

I had a cooked breakfast before I left home yesterday, thinking that would be enough to keep me going until I got back. Visiting the Burial Ground was a last minute decision, so after spending time chatting, I was ready to eat again when we got to Bransby Horses. First stop was the cafeteria.
I didn't want a full meal so chose from the children's menu, veggie sausage, chips, and beans. Angela had the same. I was surprised to see the size of it and was not expecting two sausages. I tried my best, and had to leave a bit of it on the side of my plate. I did think about a doggy bag, but it wasn't worth the bother. 
The Visitors Reception area is a modern building. It has a shop and clean toilets. The ladies serving in the cafeteria were friendly and smiley. They had a good selection of food to either eat in or take away.  
We picked up a map and went for a walk around the grounds. It was a tad windy but luckily didn't rain. The paths are suitable for wheelchairs and buggies. It was feeding time for the horses and donkeys.  

How beautiful is this one. It looks super clean. 


Off to see the donkeys. The tractor came along with teatime hay. 

Gather round, eyes down, tuck in. 

We had a chat with this young man. Very well spoken and answered our questions, it's obvious he loves his job. He knew most of the donkeys by name. 
Aaah sweet. Kissy kissy through the fence. 



The last picture of the day. Bottoms up. 
Visitors can go Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm. Free parking and free entry. Dogs on leads welcome. Picnics welcome. This is the web site if you wish to visit. There is a list of events in the bi annual magazine. Sign up for a free copy. 
My dinner is ready, Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. I've always had a soft spot for donkeys...their affectionate yet stubborn temperaments. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bransby's donkey herd seems to have grown since I was last there.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.