Saturday 18 June 2022

Shopping in Germany

Hello. It's wet outside. It's been a dull day and now it is raining. Such a contrast from yesterday. This video popped up on my yoootooob sidebar, because I follow Mike, the German in Venice. That's Venice Beach in the USA where he has lived for many years. 
He is at home in Germany at the moment, visiting his mum, or should I say mom. In this video he takes us on a tour inside an Aldi store. Those who are interested in food prices around the world will perhaps like this video. The store looks just like the one I visit here. I suspect they are all very similar wherever they are. 
Today I collected my new glasses. I am very pleased with them. They are a perfect fit, and feel comfortable, and I can see better. The old and the new. I have changed from gold half frames, to silver half frames. Not much difference. I bet nobody will notice. 
I had a look at the Arts Centre while I was in town. The whole of Church Square looks like a building site. It has been like this for several weeks. I don't know where they have got the money from but it is having a massive makeover. Raised beds have been created, and trees have been planted. I think it looked alright before. 
I did a late village walk last night, and snapped this sunset. No such luck tonight. 
Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Patty McDonald18 June 2022 at 21:25

    That was an interesting video. The Aldi in Germany looks just like Aldi in So. Ca. except I haven't seen the electronics at our store. Mainly I shop the veggies and fruit. Occasionally, I purchase organic meat. Since Costco is about the same distance, I choose Costco over Aldi. Not sure if Costco is in Europe but the veggies and fruit are fantastic quality and there's lots of organic produce. It does cost more but we really don't eat a lot at our age and it is so nice to bite a piece of fruit that taste as it's suppose to taste. I've wasted money at big box stores buying fruit that looks great and has no taste except wet and a little sweet. If those avocados taste good, they are a steel. For 6 large ones, it's around $7 or $8 here. Have a nice relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen a Costco in the UK. Lidl is also a good place to shop for prices.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.