Wednesday 27 July 2022

A look at Tadcaster.

A few more piccys of my walk in North Yorkshire on Monday. Walking along the River Wharfe this is the first sighting of the weir at Tadcaster. I could hear a lot of jollity going on, laughter and screams, echoed around the valley. 

Revealed, the youngsters having oodles of fun, splashing about in the rushing water. A pile of clothes laid on the bank. The water is very shallow as you can see by the figure standing in it.  

I turned around to take a photo of the road bridge behind me. There are plenty of benches to sit and watch the world go by. It was breezy but not cold. 
St Mary's church is close to the river. There is more information about it here


A little bimble around the town. I didn't see all of it because time was getting on. I may come back for another look. Tadcaster Town Council building. 
You can't get away from the evidence that this is a beer town. Like a smaller version of my home town of Burton upon Trent. The tall buildings dominate the skyline. 


Time was getting on and I had to find a different route back to the car. Some road walking wasn't the most direct route but it made for easy and fast walking. I had no time to get lost. I picked up the A659, the main road which runs parallel to the river. This was interesting because now I could see the frontage of the big posh mansions that I had earlier seen the back of. 
I got back to the car just before 7pm, and made this little video before I set off back for home. 
We are heading towards the end of the month again, it will soon be time for the Walking Group to check in with their miles. I have reached the target of 584 miles, with a few days to spare. How are you all doing. will you get there? 
The plan for today is a dog walk this afternoon, a bit more sewing to get the new artwork finished, pottering in the garden, and checking maps and web sites for the next trip out. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blog, the pictures are just lovely. I enjoyed a hot bowl of scotch broth watching your video today. You reminded me of of it in a video and my mum used to make it. I had some lamb sitting in the fridge so I just used what I had. I am very thankful for all of your videos, I live way below my means but I would like to go even further, much to my husbands delight :) Mel ( not sure why I couldn’t sign in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mel. I sometimes change the settings. Policing the comments sometimes gets a bit too much and I need a break from it.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.