Wednesday 13 July 2022

The parade in Buxton

The sky is blue, the crowds are waiting, I am ready, let's get this show on the road. 
And, we're off. I hear music, I hear cheering, I hear clapping. They are coming. 
Eventually the procession stopped. They had parked up for a break. I stopped filming at this point and took a few photo's of the tail end of the procession. 




Then I walked across town to The Slopes, and got a few more snaps there. 








What a great day I had. Explore the town in the morning, a walk up to Solomon's Temple for the fantastic views, and all the fun of the Parade in the afternoon. 

It took a while for the roads to be cleared before I could move the car. I was in no rush. Eventually when the crowds had dispersed I could set off for home. The drive through the Derbyshire Peak District is particularly gorgeous. The southern part around Bakewell, Buxton, and Matlock has such spectacular scenery. Lots of steep hills and valleys, dales and woods, and villages. Perfect for walking and exploring. Over the years I have visited many times. 
Where to next. I'll check the maps. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.  Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Fab photos of Buxton. We stayed there, in a hotel with round bay windows overlooking the square. It was lovely!

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a very picturesque town. As I wandered around I thought how lovely the houses and gardens were. Houses with history and character, and gardens overflowing with shrubbery and colour.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic place. The parade was lovely mother!!! We had great seats. ☺️ Great seeing the big trucks coming by. It was a great trip. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Apologies for the wobbly camera work. I must try harder.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.