Tuesday 30 August 2022

Survival tip - change your eating habits.

Cutting corners on your food budget is not as daunting as it sounds. If you are prepared to make some changes to your eating habits you can knock £'s off your shopping bills. All it needs are a few tweaks here and there. Change from Brands to supermarkets own name foods. Cut down on cooking time. Keep meals simple and basic. Eat everything you buy, no waste. Check the dates of the food stored in your fridge, freezer, and cupboards. Have a look at this video. A stew made with potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, courgettes, and noodles. Packet sauce mix and seasoning to taste. Three meals for less than £5. 

The possibilities are endless with this type of meal. Any combination of ingredients you have in the cupboard or fridge can be turned into a wholesome stew. Give it a try and make up your own recipes. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. When we are truly hungry all food will taste good. 🙂 If you turn your nose up at something, are you really hungry??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been exploring eating non-traditional foods for breakfast. Your mom taught you very well! We'd all do well to be a lot more conservative in our spending and serious about eliminating food waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi....My lap top keeps changing how I comment so I have put my name first!.Loved the video!.You are so right about how we are going to manage.Again it all boils down to needs and not wants.There is never no food waste in my bin.Every thing is used before I go shopping for food.The only reason we have to go to the supermarket is for the cats food.Where I live there is a community shop opened.All veg...20p a bag.Usually M n S ,Morrisons or Waitrose.Bread is 20p also so I always buy 2,freeze them and take slices out as needed.All other food is about half of supermarket prices,with reductions going down to as low as 10p and 5p.Usually that is humus/coleslaw...those sort of things.Money really has to spent carefully now but then again I am like you and have always watched the pennies.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.