Saturday 4 February 2023

Crossing the bridge

A little voice told me yesterday that it would be a good day to walk over the Humber Bridge. So I did. I parked under the bridge on the South Bank. This is the view when setting off. It's a bit over a mile and a half long. 
The Old Tile Works has recovered from the flooding a few years ago. It now has a Garden Centre, and there is a popular cafe for food and drinks. The Arts and Crafts studios are still there, so it's a good place to visit for an afternoon. Not today though, I am on a mission to cross the bridge. 

Wrap up well, it's a tad breezy. 

Approaching the toll booths on the North Bank, there is a footpath to the left which takes you down to the bottom below the bridge. Follow the track under two tunnels which go under the A63 trunk road and the railway line, and onto Hessle Foreshore. There is a pub/hotel/restaurant there, which I popped in for the toilet. No time to stop. 
These cottages are very pretty on Hessle Foreshore. Not a good place to live though, with the noise of the traffic going over the bridge, and the busy main A63 into Hull right behind them. 
A shorth stretch of pebbly beach . The tide is in at the moment. 

Losing daylight. Maybe it's time to set off back. Don't need a torch for this one, the bridge is well lit. 
One last look at the bridge before I cross it.

There was a fabulous panoramic sunset, stretching right across the coastline. 

Back at my car. I love this bridge, any bridges in fact. The height because you get the views, and they look so magical with the lights twinkling in the dark. 

A short drive to Tesco to top up my mobile phone, and pick up a few yellow stickers. Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto Pasta for me, and cooked chicken for the cats. 

Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a lovely day Ilona - I've not been to the sea but sat alongside a stream - wellies in the water while the dogs stood looking at me asking for treats - Tonight I had vege stuffed ravioli and cooked some chicken for the dogs too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, flis. I quite like a brisk blustery walk if I am well wrapped up. I like the way you give your dogs treats.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely walk to cheer me up thank you so much, you are appreciated, keep going xx Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary. It sure did blow the cobwebs away.

      Delete
  3. Some great photos. I had a walk along the Hessle foreshore last summer at low tide and I understand there’s occasionally an organised swim across - not that I’d fancy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water look very murky, I wouldn't want to step into it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ilona I do that walk often but from the other side and pop into the Viking Way Cafe for a brew and a sit by the lovely log burner , sheer bliss on a cold day.
    Steve Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Viking Way cafe is still there. I haven't been inside. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  5. Miss Hull so much. Is there still a restaurant boat on the shore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been along the North Shore for a long time, so I don't know.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.