Tuesday 14 March 2023

Queen of the castle.

It was a beautiful sunny morning and I thought, where shall I go today. After studying the maps, I found a place just over an hours drive away. I have a new map of the Chesterfield area. First I had to get some petrol. With only 45 miles worth left in the tank, that was not going to get me very far. 
When I got there and found a free car park I had to sit in my car for 20 minutes. The skies went dark and the snow came down in big flakes. Now let's explore this castle. Should be interesting.  
The castle stands high above the town. The views were good, but would have been much better if the sun hadn't disappeared. 

It was bitterly cold, the wind was blowing a hoolie. I wrapped up warm with a big scarf. 



I climbed the tower for some better views over the gardens. 

It all looked looked neat and tidy down below. 

More snow, and rain, and I was ready for something to warm me up. A latte and cake. Naughty naughty. 

If you come back tomorrow, I'll tell you where I went. 
Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. It's Bolsover Castle - my hometown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't wandered around there recently, even though I have EH membership. I hope you had a good day there. Cake looks lovely, was it from the cafe in the castle or Pillar of Rock next door?

      Delete
    2. Has anybody seen Dennis lately? The cake and coffee was from the cafe at the castle. Loverly it was.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.