Sunday 26 March 2023

Sewing day today

I was collecting mesh fruit bags for a long time, for an art project that I started but didn't finish. I finally decided that I needed to do something with the bags. There are some bath scrubbies in there as well. I had an idea, I could use them to stuff cushions. Mayze seems comfortable laid on them, pity I have to move her. 
I made two covers out of an old curtain lining, and stitched up the opening. 

There were two manky old cushions inside these covers, now there are two new ones. 

I made five pet beds out of a second hand duvet that someone wanted to get rid of. These are like mini quilts and can be used as cat or small dog beds. The whole thing can be put in the washing machine. 
Last night I saw a rainbow from my back window. It was sunny and raining at the same time. 
The view from the front window was weird. 

This afternoon I filled the car with petrol at the garage in town. A quick shop for a few things from Aldi while I was there. 

Mau Mau is feeling more confident about coming in the house now. He was inside overnight last night. It has been cold here today. I did a village walk this afternoon but I cut it short because I was freezing. Now I am sitting here with my dressing gown on over my clothes, and the heating is on. This must be one of the downsides of getting old. Your skin becomes thinner like tissue paper and you feel the cold more. I am not liking it.

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Love these ideas. A brilliant way of making a cosy bed for the animals and saving the plastic going into waste or landfill! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a bigger cushion with these mesh bags as the filler. It washes up great as the mesh does not clump, and it springs back to how it was.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.