Sunday 2 April 2023

Lucky find.

Look what I found yesterday while out on a local walk. There is a place where people drive to, down a lane, next to a wood, and eat their takeaways. They hang out with their mates having a jolly time. Most of what they leave behind is garbage, wrappers, cans and bottles etc. But for some reason they decided to throw away this coolbox. It looks almost new, maybe had very little use. There are a few splashes of cocacola inside, which can easily be cleaned out. Hot soapy water will soon spruce it up. 
I couldn't carry it all the way home, it was too heavy, so I went back in my car to pick it up. I tried it plugged into the car 12 volt system, and it works.  
Here it is on the Halfords web site. For sale at £45. 


 I'm not sure if I actually need it, but I couldn't leave it there. I will try it out once when I go on a trip, then maybe I will give it away. I have a basic coolbox, the non plug in type, and I don't carry lots of food with me that needs refrigeration. I can manage perfectly well with a few basic packets and tins. Lucky find eh!

Right I must get a move on. The weather looks ok for a walk. Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. I love it when this happens. I can never leave things there even if I really don’t need them. I’d love a garage, it would be full up to the bumper with finds, lol.
    Briony x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. People are so wasteful....thank you for rescuing it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe sell it as a fundraiser for your cat charity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good find. You’ll need 2-3 ice packs to go with it and make sure any drinks are really cold before you put them in. You probably don’t need me to tell you this but don’t leave it plugged in when the engines not running as it will drain your battery. I think you’ll find it really useful on camping trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is just great, well done you for rescuing it

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.