Sunday 24 December 2023

Mayze cat update.

 Twas the night before Christmas, and the winds are howling outside. I have done a village walk. Saw a  lady who walks her two Beagles. The dogs recognise me even though I am snuggled in my furry hood. They know I am the treat lady. A lot of the dogs know they might get a treat. I have a few in my pocket, even when I am not walking a dog myself. 

I have been cutting up fabric for the covers of the next batch of pet beds. There are nine waiting to be sewn together now. 

I've been watching some yoootooob videos. Helicopter rides over Mount Everest, train journeys in snowy Norway, and the bullet trains in Japan. Fantastic entertainment. 

Janet called round to see how Mayze is. I mentioned in a comment on the previous post that I had taken her to the vet. She has been off her food, and was looking quite lethargic. Not showing any interest in anything and sleeping a lot. Her coat was looking a bit patchy due to her constant grooming. The vet did a thorough check, took a urine sample, and a blood sample, and gave her an injection. She is camping out on the stairs at the moment, seems to like it there. I left her some food when I went to bed, it was gone this morning. Today she has been yelling at me for more food, so I think she is feeling better. 

I've made a pan of stew so I'm going to eat some now. The rest will be for lunch and dinner tomorrow. 

Enjoy your Christmas day. Toodle pip.   ilona  

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ilona you are simply the best! Love all your posts and videos you inspire me to walk more outside and lead a healthy life enjoy Christmas day .my cat sally sits on the stairs sometimes love to you and the fur babysxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jo. Onward and upward. Let's have more of the same for 2024. Walks outside and staying healthy. I'm all for that.

      Delete
  2. Well Mayze yelling at you for more food sounds hopefull Ilona - Enjoy your vege stew and happy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Mayze is improving. Merry Christmas Ilona. Have a good one. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen. I hope your day is going well. Mayze is loving her chicken.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ilona, wishing you and Mayze other cats critters hedgehogs etc a very merry christmas, its chrissy day here in Australia, its wet grey and cool, so much for summer and global warming, enjoy your day best wishes from Elizabeth at Elizabeth Creek Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth. It's wet and grey here as well. It's warm though. I have just fed the birds on the lawn. They come down straight away for it.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad Mayze is on the mend. You have had a busy day. Our Christmas visits are over and we are just relaxing. Now on to the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon. I am going to relax in the bath in the next half hour.

      Delete
  6. Debi from Leicester.Happy Christmas Ilona!!.Well it sounds like Mayze is on the mend.Good sign when they start wanting their food again!.They do worry us dont they because we love and care for them so much!.I hope that you all have a lovely day together with a glass of cider...you not Mayze,lol....a few treats,warm home and plenty to watch on youtube.Oh and wishing every one here a very Merry Christmas to you all.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. I am trying the new beers for Christmas. Can't drink a whole bottle in one go though. Have to spread it over two days.

      Delete
    2. Debi from Leicester.Hi again Ilona!.Just thought I would mention that the beer goes down quicker if you have a straw in the bottle,lol.Just poured my self a Baileys....its only 10.30...but I thought why the hell not!.The food that I have done for the family buffet,is covered up on my bed on a plastic sheet.I have to do it like this and bring it down at the last minute.because the cats would lay on it.I cant even put my Christmas tablecloth on yet because they would lay all over that as well.....health n hygine would have a hay day here,lol.xx

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas Ilona. Just wondering if you will be doing the walking challenge on 2024 please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon. I have been thinking about that. My friend up the road told me he has reached his 1000 mile target. Maybe I ought to go for it again.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.