Wednesday 15 May 2024

A look at Newark.

After I finished driving the harvester I carried on down the A1 to Newark. I used to come here on my first lorry driving job, making deliveries for Nestle. This was my regular patch, along with Retford and Worksop. I delivered to the same places every week. Shops, cash and carry's, supermarkets, warehouses, restaurants, and canteens. I had a 7.5 tonner for this job. A box van unloading from the back door.
I parked in a car park, £2.50 for three hours. There is a lovely walk along the river. I have just checked the blog and see that I walked along this stretch in September 2011, when I did a long walk along The Trent. The photo's I post here are a big improvement on those I published then. You can check them out here. 

The Heritage Barge was closed. 




A few interesting buildings around the town. As I got back to my car, people were starting to arrive at the theatre for a night out. 
Newark Town Hall.




I left Newark at about 7pm and drove down the A1 for a few miles and pulled in at Great Gonerby Service Area just before Grantham. After a bite to eat, I bedded down for the night at 9pm. 
Apologies for the lack of words here. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   Ilona. 

2 comments:

  1. think I would have driven home from there.Slept in my own bed, haha. I like Newark. Last time we visited, we had our sandwiches and coffee round the back of the castle on the river. ( coach day trip.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your travels……..Shez from Perth, Australia🦘🦘

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not be published