Saturday 18 May 2024

Inside Belton House

I do like to look inside a big house, but only if there aren't many people. If it's too busy and people are shuffling around a one way system it's not very pleasant and I would probably give it a miss and go back later when the crowds have thinned out a bit. 
Belton House is beautifully furnished, and was not too busy. I am not really interested in the history of the buildings or the artifacts. I like to look and let my imagination do the rest. I think about what it might be like to live in such splendour. 

I love the wallpaper in this room. Can you imagine waking up in a garden. 


Oooops, my crazy modern dress sense looks way out of place here. 😎😝😁
I'll take breakfast in my room please. 


The sitting room to welcome guests. 


Lovely view of the garden from the bedroom. 
I didn't do a video from inside the house. Here I am relaxing in a deck chair. Soaking up the sun. 

Saturday morning and it's sunny. Yesterday it was too hot to go for a walk in the afternoon, so I went at 6pm to do my five miles. Plenty to do in the garden at the moment. The lawn needs mowing, it is growing quickly. A few more pics of Belton House left to show. Tomorrow a walk around the lakes. 
Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place!!!! I just don’t think I would fit in that type of home setting. lol I am too simple and prefer cozy and warm. Thanks again for taking us to all these gorgeous locations and gardens. Keep on stepping lovely mother !!!! 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not be published