Saturday 7 February 2009

I like craft fairs

I had a nice afternoon out today, even though it was very cold. I went to Barton on Humber, not far from here, it's near the Humber Bridge. My friend told me about a craft fair that was on, at the Waters Edge visitor centre, so I thought I would go and have a nosey round, might pick up some ideas.

I went to the Ropewalk first, it's an arts centre nearby. I like to see the hand made crafts, there was some lovely handbags, but oh so expensive. I think if they dropped the price a bit they might sell some, a few scraps of fabric and some buttons for £40 seems a lot.

I saw a couple of friends at the craft fair, they had a stand each, one sells cards and the other cushions. I used to see them several times a year when I sold at the fairs, but I closed my business, it just wasn't worth doing any more. I felt a bit guilty looking around the stands and not buying anything, because I know what it's like to chat to people and hope they will open their purse. I saw some very unusual handbags made from men's ties, a clever idea, I know a charity shop that sells ties for 50p so I might try that.

Outside there is a country park, too cold to walk very far today so I think I'll come back in the spring, maybe when they have the next craft fair at Easter. This is the centre and the ducks, there are birds everywhere.

Daily spend - £1 crafting scissors

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics of the geese. I used to live in Belfast right beside the Waterworks. There were loads of geese there, I used to walk the dog up and feed them. They are so tame, they come right up and take bread from your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so that's what they are! The big one came very close to me, very tame, obviously looking for food. Sorry to say I didn't have anything to give it. I'm not very knowledgeable, anything with feathers, two legs, and a beak, is a bird.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.