Thursday 19 February 2009

Summer bag

You will think I have got nothing better to do than to knock out bags, here is another one, I shall be known as the 'bag lady' soon. I have several works in progress at any one time, and alternate between them depending what I fancy doing, knitting, sewing, or crochet.

Cut 8 x 7cm squares out of drinks cartons, punch holes around the outside edges.

Crochet around the edge of each one with brightly coloured wool.

Sew four together, twice, and crochet extra rows around the outside to make the bag the size you want. Join the two pieces together with a row of crochet. Knit the shoulder strap, 6 stitches, and fastener (with button hole), to match and sew them to the bag. Make lining out of any soft fabric and sew around top edge. Sew button on.
Bag is 22cm x 22cm.

Daily spend - £2, two fruit bushes

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, very nice, I like this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have juice cartons every week, yet I never thought about doing this... its really brill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. Billie Jane, I saw the idea on a web site using aluminium drinks cans, thought I would try it with the cartons first because they are pretty strong and waterproof, not that you would want to take the bag out in the rain. I will try the cans next. I don't drink canned drinks so I'm having to pick them up off the roadside and out of bins, people will think I am a tramp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic bag! If only I could crochet :O(

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.