Monday 19 July 2010

A lovely day for a funeral

Time to say goodbye to Freddie. You may remember that my Freddie was very poorly, I took him to the vet in December, but there was nothing that could be done for him that would not hurt him further. I felt it was unfair to to put him through a lot of tests and an operation, with no guarantee for a good outcome. It was kindest to let him go.

Today I have scattered his ashes in his favourite places, in the borders of the garden. He loved to lie underneath the bushes, taking shelter from the hot sun. This is Freddies resting place.

Lilly was there to help me and we said our goodbye's and a little prayer. I put the box on the lawn and Lilly immediately lay down next to it. Maybe I am imagining it, but it was as if he knew that Freddie was there.

I scattered the ashes and Lilly lay down for a few minutes, in the shade of the bushes, where Freddie used to lay.

7 comments:

  1. Goodbye Freddie, sleep tight X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad to lose a cat and it is really important to do something to mark it's passing... how nice of you to include Lilly and of course she knows exactly what is happening because cats are very intuitive and she will know what you are feeling. Blessings Freddie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`s hard not to shed a tear for someone`s beloved pet. I`ve always had dogs, and have been through this a few times. You had a lovely, sunny day for it, Ilona, and I hope you took some comfort from Lilly. Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww how lovely that Lily did that. I bet toay was like loosing Freddie all over again though :o( Like others have said, it was a lovely day to lay him to rest. Chin up, I have tears in my eyes just thinking about your day. I love cats.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry about freddie, it looks a lovely resting place x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I was just as sad today as I was in December. It was spooky when Lilly lay down next to the ashes, with no prompting whatsoever. He rubbed his nose against the box, like he was saying his own goodbye. I was amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{hugs}}} Ilona xx What a lovely resting place for Freddie♥ It was very moving and touching to see Lily saying her goodbyes♥

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.