Saturday 25 September 2010

Some inspiration

The title of my last post is from a positive attitude quote, I don't know where it came from, or who it belongs to, but it is on my list of quotes. I collect them and read them often. They give me something to think about, and inspire me to keep motivated.

The full quotation is this....

If you dance for anyone else, you become like everyone else.
It's got to be for you.
This gave me strength when I realised I had to escape the clutches of the boyfriend who was controling my life. He snapped his fingers and I was dancing for him. I merged into the background, and faded away. The real me died and was replaced by a shadow. I babbled and I blubbed, the fire in me had been well and truly dampened.
That last sentence, it's only six words, kept going round and round in my head. It's got to be for you. What is it trying to tell me? Then the realisation hit me, of course, I am not doing anything for me, it's all for him. But where is 'me', I've got to get 'me' back. And so I did.
Another quote on my list is.....
If you don't have a plan for the rest of your life, someone else does.
So what shall I do, follow the crowd, do as they do, join the gang, stand in line, join the queue, become a clone. I did all that when I was young, but it wasn't me. So what did I do? I did exactly what I wanted to do, and became a lorry driver. That was my plan, and no one elses.
Here are some more quotes from my list.......
Opportunity knocks only once, while temptation leans on the doorbell.
The more you stretch the truth the easier it is to see through.
The path with least resistance often leads nowhere.
When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch.
I love these quotes, so inspiring. Toodle pip, be happy :o)

7 comments:

  1. A couple I like

    "Don't warm yourself by someone else's fire"

    "Fall down 6 times, get up 7"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry left a bit off!

    Don't warm yourself by someone else's fire - make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your quotes -In fact, I'm going to write them down!
    I've been reading your blog for a while now.
    You're an inspiration.
    Thankyou.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard one you might like "Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they're open".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilona yet again you are an inspiration! I sometimes feel my life is not my own, my family pull me in many directions and certainly the first years of being married I was the person I thought I should be and not really me. I still feel that I don't know who I am or what I really want out of life. But my DH is a lovely man, very caring and kind and loving. He definitely knows what he wants from life and I guess I just tag along, well it's easy to do that and 99% of the time I am happy.... cannot really expect more than that?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard this one Ilona?

    "It is impossible to fail at anything, until you give up"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you radio10, I have put it on the side bar.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.