Wednesday 17 October 2012

Anna has written a book

I've tried writing a book and got so far with it, thousands of words on my computer, but the truth is I lose interest in long term projects. I can't stick at it, a bit of a flibberty jibbet that's me. Crikey, where did that saying come from? Must look it up, what does it mean? The Urban Dictionary has a brilliant interpretation. 'One who hops about like a fart in a frying pan', ha ha. Oh how I laughed out loud when I read that, yep that's me alright, definately a fart. Can't write for giggling now.  
Anyway, after that light hearted interlude I'll carry on. I much prefer writing daily on here, it means I can belt something out on the keyboard, add some pics and jiggle it about, publish and move on to the next project. I've always got several projects on the go at the same time and flit from one to the other.
I've been following John's progress with his book over on Don't unplug your hub. Sounds like he has been hammering away on the keyboard at an amazing speed. It doesn't seem that long ago when he announced he was starting it. Now it is getting proof read and he is drawing the illustrations. Won't be long before it goes into print. I hope everyone will buy a copy, he really is a tallented writer.
My sister Anna Maria is a writer, well she has been at it for a lot of years, mostly magazine articles, fact and fiction, but now she has a book finished. It is a romantic fiction story, and she has tried it with a couple of publishers but not been lucky with anyone accepting it. So now she has decided to put it on Kindle.
I haven't read it, because I don't read fiction, and Mills and Boon type stuff is just not my cup of tea. Anyway, here is the link to the book, should you wish to take a peek, it's on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seduced-By-Mind-Tricks-ebook/dp/B009L5R8QE/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1350473092&sr=1-1#_
If you go to this page you can open the book for a synopsis. Anna tells me you can get a free Kindle App on your computer from Amazon, enabling you to download a selection of books for free, and there are millions to purchase should you wish to do so. You need to have an Amazon account to do this. I haven't tried it because I spend enough time on the computer already. But for someone who wants to read but doesn't have a library, I think this is a jolly good idea. Happy reading.

Got to go, something else to do. Toodle pip.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulate your sister. Ilona, break a rule and read your sister's book! I would be hurt if my sister did not read a book I wrote. Is there a reason you don't read fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Practical Parsimony.
    Joan in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about a kindle app, I will look into that tonight. Congratulations to your sister, hope it's the beginning of something big for her. Ilona I often think you would write a wonderful book, but I know what you mean about long term projects, it takes some dedication. Hats off to all you bloggers, I've tried it and found it much harder than I thought, a good blog is quite skillful. I think I prefer to read blogs than write one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she should go down the self publishing route, that's what the writer of Fifty Shades of Grey did, no one wanted her book either at first and look at her now!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona, Good on your sister, I wish her every success with her book. I must admit, I'm not into ficition myself, prefer factual books. I did try to download the app but, unfortunately, computer said, No. I'll check it out someway or another. All the best to your sister. Cheers for now, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all for your kind comments on my book, i think Ilona does a fab job of her blog, it's interesting and full of inspuration which filters through to all, love annax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you dear sister. What a surprise to see you on here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read a book each two days for most of my life, and I am not a fan of Amazon
    http://www.defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.