Saturday 28 December 2019

Here we go again

I was wondering what to do with the spirals. First thoughts were make something like the button heart, but then I thought no that's too samey. I want to do something else. Then I thought I want to make a picture using all felt. It's so easy to work with having no fraying edges. I can see it with lots of embroidery, and maybe buttons and beads embelishments. 
So I got a large piece of paper, drew a few lines, numbered the pieces and cut them out. These are my templates. 
Next I gathered all the felt I have and went through it choosing the colours. A simple design, land and sky. I see a big orange sun up there, and some trees dotted on the hills. The spirals will be the trees. The sun might be a spiral but it would have to be a big one. I am looking for a Folk Art effect. 
Looks pretty simple at the moment, but as I work on it the ideas will come. I like creating something like this as I am never sure which direction it's going to take me. Itching to get on with it now.
Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not creative like you Ilona but when I saw your new artwork it reminded me of walks on my holidays in Dorset and the ridges and furrows down to the sea and the pyramid orchids,the sky larks,birds of prey,rabbits,foxes and hares-and my dogs trotting along and me climbing down them and avoiding the cows x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always,I am looking forward to see which way you take this piece of craft!.Felt must be a great material to work with,so many options with no fraying!I have got a felt chicken that I made at school when I was 9 years old and it still comes out every Easter with my Easter display!.I do have a felt handbag up stairs that I bought from a charity shop a few years back.The zips gone on it now and I keep thinking...shall I cut it up..or get a new zip,lol.I could use the material for crafting but I know that it would have been a quite expensive bag for the original owner!...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's going to be wonderful! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's. Going to be interesting Ilona.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.